11

"Hold on, I'll call you back when I'm out of the car." you say to Han. You get home, take off your waitress uniform and sit on the edge of your bed. You stare at your phone screen, contemplating whether you should text Han back or not. Frankly, you don't feel like talking to anyone right now with the mood you're in.
Jungkook's words race back and forth through your mind. Why would he say those things? Why would he do the things he did to you if you aren't even the person he likes? Why would he want to make you jealous that badly?

That's childish, you think.

That's petty.

You groan, aggressively grabbing your phone. Harsh tapping sounds erupt from your fingers as you type, taking deep breaths through your flared nostrils.

HAN
yo... are you calling
me back or not??

ME
i'll call you back later

ME
we can talk then

ME
I need to go skateboarding

HAN
alright

HAN
just call me when
you're able to

HAN
be careful

You turn off your phone and shove it into your back pocket. Grabbing a jacket and throwing it on as you run down the stairs, "I'm going skateboarding, dad!" you call out, breathing heavily as you grab your skateboard from the laundry room.

"Are you for-fun skateboarding? Or anger-skateboarding?" your dad asks from the living room.
Grabbing your house keys, you take a deep breath as you speed-walk back to the front door. "Angry skateboarding." you reply, closing the door behind yourself.

Absorbing the fresh air as you continuously kick your foot behind you, your skateboard carries you as you attempt to calm yourself down. You feel used, upset...

Why would Jungkook lead me on for so long and allow me to grow attached to him, then one day start avoiding me, shutting me out... for all this to end in finding out that he doesn't have feelings for ME.

Frustration rises as you continue reaching realization. On top of being trapped with Jungkook as your boss, you're not allowed to like him romantically anymore; legally or morally. He's still your boss but now he actually likes someone; who isn't you. Double whammy.

Beginning to progressively push your foot on the ground more often, you pick up speed as your skateboard glides on the side of the road. Your angered thoughts infiltrate your conscious mind, causing you to lose focus of your surroundings.

Why would he use me?

Your hair flows behind you as your skateboard wavers a bit, crossing into the driving lanes.

Frightening you, a car abruptly honks long and loud, the horn awakening you from your distressed mind. You look back with wide eyes at the car behind you. Your feet are unable to keep up with the speed your skateboard is racing at and your board scrapes along the side of the curb. The speed mixing with fear, you lose control and throw yourself onto the sidewalk. The momentum carries your body across the pavement, scraping along your arm and the side of your face.

You groan, regaining slight strength to lift your head and fluttering your eyes open as the world appears sideways. You watch as your skateboard that had gotten snapped in half get continuously run over by cars that pass by on the road. You frown and lay your head back onto the ground in defeat. "Fucking hell, Jungkook." you mutter to yourself.

You continue to moan in pain, cursing as you wince and reach out a weak arm to grab your phone that had slid across that ground at the impact.
Shaking as you lift your shoulder off the ground as much as you can, you grunt when your fingers finally grasp your phone.
You lie back onto the pavement, immediately cursing when a newfound crack has appeared across your phone screen. Observing yourself with your phone's camera, your eyes widen when you see a bruise already forming by your cheekbone and blood seeping from where you had been scraped.

You scroll through your contacts, wondering who to call.

DAD❤️

HAN

JIHOOON

JUNGKOOK:)

WILLIE

You re-dial Han, "Hey. Can you pick me up?" you speak in a gritted tone. Han groans, "Right now? I'm with Lin."
"I don't care if you're with your wife, pick me up." you say.
"Fine, where are you?"
"On the ground." You chuckle, "Thank you, Han."

"Holy shit." The familiar voice approaches you, immediately crouching to the ground, hovering over you.
"Hey, Han." you smile, still on the ground.
"Hey little sis... what happened?" your brother asks, staring at your arm, "You know the whole side of your arm is scraped and bleeding, right?" he says. You nod.
You lift your arm and point to the road, "You see that chunk of shredded wood and stray wheel rolling across the road? That's my skateboard." you say, innocently smiling. "Y/N..." your older brother sighs.

"I went anger-skateboarding. That's all."
"You always go anger-skateboarding, you text me about it... but you've never wiped out like this, you always end up cooled down." Han says.
You sigh, "I just got caught up on some guy, I was really upset. Now help me up off the ground." you say, lightly lifting your head. Han supports your arm, helping you up.

Han drives as you look out the window, watching the road and wishing you were seeing it from the point of view of a skateboarder; not the passenger seat of a car.
"So.. this guy that upset you, is this the same guy that you want to make jealous?" Han looks to you as he drives.
You take a deep breath, "He sure is."