49

A few months pass and all the upgrades are applied, the sales, the app, menu and recipe improvements; everything else in between. Practically all of the changes have been applied, except one last thing.

"It's a strange thing, seeing your own last name in big steel letters." Jungkook says, wrapping an arm around you as you watch the construction workers put up the last of the new Jeon's sign.
"Hey. Arm, off." Namjoon says, sweeping Jungkook's wrist from your shoulder. "Your relationship is still meant to be kept on the down-low." Namjoon says.
You roll your eyes, "I don't even have my uniform on, no one will know I work here. Let Jungkook have this moment." you smile, staring up at Jungkook's face as his gaze is stuck on the sign of his last name. "This is so fucking cool." he mumbles to himself.

"Though Mr.Kim paved the way for you, your hard work has finally paid off, Jungkook. This is your restaurant now and everyone can know." you say, rubbing his back.
Jungkook sighs, "Well, go get ready for your shift. It starts in.." Jungkook looks to his watch, ".. six minutes." he sheepishly smiles at you. You pout, "Already?"
Jungkook melts under your sad puppy eyes, "I mean if you really wanted to take an extra hour off—."
"Go get ready, y/n." Namjoon pats your shoulder without sparing you a glance, he walks back inside the diner.
A sad smile portrays on your face as you walk towards the diner, looking back at your boyfriend in despair. You look up at the Jeon's sign in all its glory before walking inside for work.

You exit the bathroom in your work outfit. Hoseok passes by you, wiping beads of sweat from his forehead, "God, things have been moving so fast around here." he mumbles.
Taking a few steps to catch up to him, you follow Hoseok as he speed-walks around the diner. "Hey, hey.. you good, Hobi?"
He sighs, slowing down. "Yeah... just overwhelmed. Y'know, with all the new customers and changes to keep up with." Hoseok says. You give him a small smile, "I know new customers have been a lot to handle but.. have you seen Nina's? It's a ghost-town next door." you say. Hoseok nods, "You're right." he pauses, "I hate that bitch." he says with a chuckle. "Me too." you chime in.
Jimin walks up beside you, "Who do we hate?" he asks in the curious manner, as he always does.

"Jungkook's ex-fiancé, also known as our competition next door." you respond, rolling your eyes. Jimin breaks out into a belly laugh, "Competition?" he hugs his stomach as he giggles. "There are zero customers next door. We're packed with people. Some competition." Jimin scoffs before walking back to the kitchen.
You and Hoseok exchange a smug grin, a silent but prideful celebration of your success in comparison to Nina's.

"Next!" you call out from your cash register. Jungkook steps in front of the next customer, "Actually," he chuckles, "I need you to make me a coffee, Miss y/n." he smiles. You raise your eyebrows, "Mr.Jeon, please look at the line of customers behind you." you say. Jungkook looks at the fifteen people behind him, then back to you. "I'll work the cash." he says.
You chuckle, "What?"
Jungkook walks behind the register, putting a hand on your waist. "Move, I'm taking over until you're done making my coffee." Jungkook smiles smugly at you. "You're so picky." you playfully whisper to him. Jungkook winks. "I know." he whispers back, "Next!"

Shaking your head in disbelief, you walk over to the coffee machine. "Jungkook will really only drink the espresso you make, huh." Taehyung says. You chuckle, "Yep."
"Your name tag should say 'the boss's slave', not 'y/n'." Taehyung jokes. You laugh, "It's okay, he repays me in other ways." you say with a suggestive grin. Coming to realization of your implications, Taehyung's face shrivels into a disgusted cringe. "Ew, gross." he says. "At least your house is so damn huge, you aren't able to hear us at night." you say.
"Not true. Thanks to you guys, I cant spend nights in the dance room anymore." Hoseok says from the kitchen. Yoongi laughs, "Well the dance room is the room closest to Jungkook's." he says.
"You don't understand, Jungkook and y/n will have sex at any hour of the day—."
"Less talking, more cooking, Hoseok." Jungkook interrupts him, patting his shoulder.

Jungkook walks over to the coffee machine, where you stand. "Coffee?"
"Almost done." you reply. Jungkook nods, you both continue waiting silently. Your eyes widen, "Wait, who's at my register?"
"Stacy. I adjusted your schedule so your shift ends in five minutes. I want to take you somewhere." Jungkook says with that charming smile that melts your heart every time.
Jimin scoffs, "Must be nice." he says, half-jokingly.
"Shut up, Jimin. You already guilt-tripped me into giving you a raise last week, and the week before." Jungkook says. Jimin smiles, "True.. you two may continue flirting."

"Where are you taking me?" you ask. "It's a surprise, darling." Jungkook replies. You smile to yourself, accepting the mysteryious answer you were given. Especially since he said 'darling'; you love when he calls you that.