stay 1.3

I stood there with my jaw wide open

I stood there with my jaw wide open. Austin Post was across the street asking for one of my cigarettes. What the actual hell.

"You good balcony girl?" Austin questioned.

I nodded slowly to his question

"Uh, umm. Should I come down to you?" I questioned.

"Yeah! Don't forget a lighter. I don't actually have one on me for once." Austin said.

"I'll be down in a second!"

I walked back into the apartment and began to panic. Was I having a fever dream?

I took a deep breath and grabbed my pack of cigarettes, along with a red bic lighter.

I walked down the back stairwell of the bar, the reverberation of the music playing, shaking each step. I made my way around the building and the panic began to set in.

I fumbled with the lighter in my hand. I had to calm down. I didn't need to seem like a super fan that came off weird.

I turned the corner and there he was. He had a bottle of Bud Light in his hand and was in conversation with somebody. I didn't want to interrupt, so I slowed down my pace.

"Balcony!" Austin shouted.

I looked up and gave him an awkward wave.

"I guess that would be me." I said.

Austin turned back to the person he was talking to.

"It was nice meeting you man. Hopefully we'll bump into each other again this weekend." Austin said.

Austin turned back to me and smiled.

"I should probably find out your name lil mama before I steal your smokes." Austin said.

"Oh! I'm Meadow." I said while handing him a cigarette.

"Cute, it suites you." Austin said while accepting the cigarette.

A blush crept onto my face while I handed him the lighter.

Austin took a long drag off the cigarette while he looked at me intently.