die for me 3.3

The sun had set and everybody was sat around the large patio in the backyard. Austin had me strewn across his lap with one arm wrapped around my waist and had a beer in the other hand. There was chatter between the guys but I was in my own world with Austin.

My fingers absentmindedly played with his curls that were sticking out of the bottom of his hat. The music that was playing through the outdoor speakers slowed down from an upbeat pop song to a slow country song.

I began to hum along to Riley Green's song When She Comes Home. I was a sucker for a romantic country song.

"Hatin' work, hauling dirt. Man this shit's just been wearing me out."

The lyrics made me begin to think of what my life plans were going to be before I met Austin. I always thought I'd up settling down with a good boy from South Dakota. They'd most likely a manual laborer, much like many of the people from the small town. It'd be the same shit every day. Clocking in and out day after day.

It was crazy to think that I was here with Austin. He was the complete opposite to who I'd imagine myself with. He was living the dream and was able to provide just as well, hell even more. I didn't want to be some house wife who never left my hometown.

"When she comes home tonight. We'll take that clock off the wall. Draw all them curtains. Let our clothes lay where they fall."

I was brought back to reality by Austin tapping my hip with the hand that was wrapped around me.

"Dance with me sunshine." Austin said with a smile.

I quickly got off of his lap as he set his can down next to where we just sitting. Austin snaked his arms around my hips and pulled me close to him. My arms found their way around his neck and I placed my head on his chest.

We rocked back and forth slowly. I could feel Austin's heart beat along with the music. It was a moment in time I didn't want to stop. 

"Y'all are sappy as hell." Tyla said.

I let out a giggle as Austin pulled me even closer to him.

"Fuck off man. Let me be in love." Austin retorted with a smile.

We continued to sway back and forth until the song ended. I figured that I had my moment with him and that I probably should release him back to his friends.

"I love you, Aust." I said quietly.

Austin placed his thumb and pointer finger on my chin and lifted it so I'd be looking at him.

"I love you even more baby." Austin said.

He placed a gentle kiss to my lips and brushed his thumb over my cheek.

"I'm gonna head up stairs for the night." I told Austin.

"Are you sure baby? I can come with you if you'd like." Austin said.

"That's okay Aust. You hang out with everybody. I want to take advantage of that giant bed as much as I can." I said.

"Let me at least get you into bed sunshine." Austin said.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand so he'd follow me. We walked past all of the guys and they whistled after us while I led us up the stairs. Austin turned to them and flipped them off quickly. We got to our bedroom and I went into the walk in closet and grabbed one of Austin's shirts off the hanger. I stripped down and pulled the shirt over my head.

I walked out and found Austin sitting on the bed scrolling on his phone. I went to my respected side of the bed and pulled the plush comforter down. I crawled into the bed plugged my phone in beside me. Austin got up and grabbed the edge of the blanket and tucked it up my chin.