internet 4.5

"Enchi-laaadaaaa!"

I was starting to wake up from my nap and heard Austin talking next to me. I rolled over to see Austin suspending Enchi in the air as he wagged his tail.

"Enchi-laaaada!" Austin giggled as he lowered Enchi down to his face he could give him little puppy kisses.

"Yup, big tattooed guy with his lap dog. I told you." I smirked at Austin.

"This little dude is awesome, sunshine. Remind me to thank Ivory for selling houses the right people." Austin gushed.

"I see that you two have been bonding. How long have I been out?" I asked.

"A few hours. Sound check is soon and I'm taking this little shit on stage with me." Austin smiled.

"You really do love him more than me." I said while rolling my eyes.

"But look at his wittle puppy face." Austin said with a pout.

"Let's get going so we still have time to get those donuts you promised me." I said while throwing the comforter off of me.

"A promise is a promise." Austin sighed.

We both crawled out of bed and I tossed my hair into a sloppy bun quickly while Austin put Enchi into his harness. He attached the leash and I followed them down the steps of the bus.

As we walked into the venue crew members gushed over Enchi and welcomed me back. It was nice to know that my presence was actually noticed as absent for that short period of time.

Austin handed me Enchi's leash to he could get wired up quickly. I grabbed a vacant stool and lugged it up to Smitty's booth on the stage. I figured I might as well try to entice him with Ivory.

"Hey Smitty." I said with a smile.

"What up Meadow?" Smitty replied.

"You should probably meet the little shit that'll be running around shows from now on." I said while presenting Enchi.

He quickly scooped up Enchi and began to pet him. I was glad that everybody seemed to like Enchi so far, and hopefully there wouldn't be any problems.

"Austin's probably going nuts over this little guy. What's his name?" Smitty asked.

"Enchilada, Enchi for short." I said giddily.

"You two are fucking weird sometimes, you really were meant to get married." Smitty laughed.

Austin then joined us up at the booth. He snatched Enchi from Smitty and pulled my stool to a spot where I'd have a good view of the stage.

"I want to let him run around on stage, but I don't want him to fall off the edge." Austin said with worry.

"Just let his leash drag and don't let him go too far. He'll be okay, worrywart." I said.

"If I'm already freaking out over a dog, imagine me with a human child." Austin said while rolling his eyes.

"You'll probably be more stressed about the pregnancy than me." I huffed.

"You're not wrong." Austin shrugged.

I took my seat on the stool and let Austin begin sound check. I wanted to get it over quickly so I'd be able to shove a donut in my mouth sooner.

Austin ran his normal few songs, but seemed to have more fun than usual. Enchi ran after Austin as he bounded across the stage while he got into the songs. Enchi would catch up to him and then yip for his attention. It was fucking adorable.