better now 2.3

Adam and I walked back to Austin's bus. I quickly lit up a cigarette to calm my nerves. I was fine when I was around Austin, but being separated from him left me a little on edge.

"I wanna see some of your work." Adam said.

I stomped out my cigarette outside of the bus. I led him inside and pulled my laptop out. I pulled up the folder of recently edited images I had been working on earlier that morning. I handed the laptop to him and told him to scroll. He took his time observing all of the pictures. I grew anxious once again. Adam's approval of my photography would mean the world to me.

"Damn Meadow. I'm lucky Austin didn't fire me." Adam said.

"Like that would ever happen Degross." I said while rolling my eyes.

"No, seriously Meadow. Your shit is really good. You have a natural talent for photography. It doesn't hurt that you're pretty easy on the eyes too." Adam said.

I gave Adam an awkward laugh. I couldn't tell if he was trying to hit on me, of if he was trying to be nice. I knew Austin's crew had a history of being flirtatious with females. I shoved the thought to the back of my head.

"I can take you up to the stage to give you an idea of what'll happen tonight if you want." Adam offered.

"Sure, that works for me." I said.

We got off of the bus and walked towards the main stage. As we walked past Dre he gave Adam a head nod, but gave me a curious look. The look he gave me made me feel a little self conscious. I didn't want to be in the way, or bother any of the crew with my presence. Adam led me up front to where the barricade is. He started to pull out his equipment to try and get some shots quickly.

I went and sat down in the front row right behind the barricade. I watched Austin light a cigarette on stage and goof off with Smitty. It made me happy to see Austin do his thing, even if he was in Posty's world.

Liked by ivoryh, bennett_the_tenant, tkrealestate, and 2,849 others @meadow name something more adorable than him rn 🥺

@meadow name something more adorable than him rn 🥺

"Ayeee Degross brought my girl!" Austin said into the microphone.

My cheeks flushed out of embarrassment. I observed Austin and how he floated around the stage effortlessly. He sang with passion still, even though this was just sound check. I got lost in the lyrics that he was singing. I looked up to Austin intently looking at me.

"I swear to you. I'll be okay. You're only the love of my life." Austin sang to me.

I felt my cheeks reheat with a blush. I smiled to myself about how cute Austin was. He was momentarily all mine, even if things weren't official between us.

"We good with sound? Smitty you good with everything?" Austin asked his crew.

Smitty gave him a thumbs up and his crew running sound boards said that they were good with everything. Austin handed them his in ears and mic while he got off the stage. He gave Dre a bro hug and made his way over to me.