myself 2.0

"I have too many fucking plants." I mumbled to myself.

I was currently making a care list for all of the plants I had in my apartment. Trying to make a detailed list at one in the morning while beyond tipsy was beginning to be a challenge. I refused to let any of my babies die while I was on the road.

"I'll get you a cute ass plant for the bus. We can share custody of it." Austin said while taking a drag of his cigarette.

I mentally awed at him. I was quickly getting overwhelmed with all of the packing and planning I had to do before the bus rolled out later today. I've never been an impulsive kind of person, but leaving with Austin just felt right.

"You have luggage right, sunshine?" Austin asked.

I nodded as I went over to my storage closet. I pulled my matching cases out and wheeled them into my bedroom.

"How long are we going to be gone? I don't want to bring too much if I can help it." I said.

"September is in a few days, and this run will run until the end of the year. There's a break for the holidays though."

I nodded and began the struggle of picking out clothes that I wouldn't mind wearing frequently. I would have to make a Target run later in the morning to get last minute items like toiletries. I'd break the news to Ivory that way. She couldn't get too mad at me if she was in her happy place.

"I'm so happy you agreed sunshine. I feel bad pulling you from your life, but I'll make sure to fly Ivory and Bennett out to a few shows so you can spend time with them. It'll be you, me, and our new plant child."

I giggled at his excitement of a new plant. I had a feeling that our one child would turn into several. Austin walked over to my indoor collection of plants and pointed to one certain plant.

"I want one like this. This shit is weird looking." He said while pointing to a snake plant.

"Fair enough, it's hard to kill a snake plant. Hopefully the poor thing will survive the bus trip." I giggled.

"It even has a badass name. Fuck yeah sunshine."
Austin cheered.

I went back to trying to pack up my clothes

I went back to trying to pack up my clothes. We were starting to get into fall and chillier temperatures. I would have to dig out my fall wardrobe due to not being home to retrieve it later.

Another hour passed and I had finally finished packing clothes. I had a few pairs of shoes spread around me, I didn't want to take up too much space. I felt Austin sit down on the floor next to me.

"You better be bringing those DCC boots you were teasing me with all day sunshine." Austin said.

"I mean, I guess I could grant that wish." I shrugged.

"Let's get to bed sunshine. It's late and you still have to run some errands in the morning." Austin said.

I nodded while getting off the floor. Austin put his arms up, requesting help to get up as well. I had changed into pajamas earlier so I just crawled into bed. Austin slid into the bed next to me. I made sure to set an alarm before rolling onto my side. I felt Austin wrap an arm around my waist and pull me up to him so we'd be spooning.