patient 2.2

I woke up to Austin shaking my shoulder slightly. Unwilling to wake up, I rolled into his chest while groaning.

"Come on sunshine, we're making a fuel stop. Let's go get some dinner while we're stopped." Austin said.

"Fine, only for food." I grumbled.

I went to the small bag I had in the bus and pulled out a hoodie. I walked out the main area of the bus to find Austin sitting on a couch. He had changed into something more comfortable sometime while I was sleeping.

"Cute shirt rockstar." I said.

"Damn right it is sunshine

"Damn right it is sunshine. Unicorns are amazing. There's a Denny's and I'm in the mood for a waffle." Austin said.

"Oh! A waffle sounds amazing right now." I moaned.

"Let's get moving then sunshine." Austin said.

Austin intertwined our hands and led me down the stairs of the bus. The truck stop wasn't big, so it wasn't a far walk to the restaurant. Austin kissed the top of my hand, making the butterflies inside me come to life.

We walked in to the restaurant and were led to a booth towards the back. We were sat and handed menus. I flipped through the menu trying to decide what I wanted. I eventually decided on a blueberry waffle with a side of hash browns.

I heard my phone ding with a new text from inside of my purse. I fished the phone out to find a text from Ivory.

Ive 🌿
I miss you :( It hasn't even been a whole day too.

My heart clenched at the sight of her text. I didn't realize how much of an affect being away from her would would have on me.

Meadow 🌻
I miss you too :( I'll facetime you tomorrow when we get to the venue

I scrolled through my camera roll sadly. I landed on a picture of Ivory and I from last year. The picture was taken by Bennett on their parents property.

Liked by ivoryh, bennett_the_tenant, postmalone, and 3,932 others@meadow you better not roof dance with anybody else while I'm gone Ivory Jane :(@ivoryh

@meadow you better not roof dance with anybody else while I'm gone Ivory Jane :(
@ivoryh