deja vu 5.8

"Merry Christmas! Where is my daughter in law?" I heard Jodie shout from the front door.

I was in the middle of getting ready for the day and it seemed that Jodie and Rich had gotten here earlier than we expected.

"I'll go get them settled while you keep getting beautiful." Austin said while hugging me from behind and placing a sloppy kiss to my cheek.

"Thank you. I won't be long. If you could start pulling ingredients for breakfast, that would be amazing." I said while leaning further into his embrace.

"You better hurry then. I can only distract Jodie for so long until she wanders in there." Austin said with a smirk.

"Embrace your inner bar bouncer then. She needs to relax and let me take care of them for once." I sighed.

"You're adorable. I'll get you an iced coffee going too while I'm down there." Austin said while releasing his grip from my waist.

"Thank youuu." I said while trying to detangle my hair.

I quickly got my hair to unknot and I pulled it into two dutch braids. I pulled some baby hairs out and was happy with the results. I pulled a pair of leggings and one of the tacky Trading Post Christmas tees that had Austin's face on it. I shrugged one of Austin's flannels on and called it good. I quickly pattered down the hall so I could get breakfast going for everyone.

"Good morning kid. Merry Christmas Eve." Rich said with a smile from the couch.

"Good morning! You guys got in earlier than expected. I would've been ready if I would have known." I pouted.

"No worries. Give me a hug, Austin told me what happened last night." Rich said while opening his arms wide.

I quickly rounded the couch and sat down next to him. He pulled me in for a bone crushing bear hug. I relaxed myself into his embrace. It felt similar to Austin's hugs, but there was a loving father feeling to it.

"You're my kid now too. Your blood family might not be there, but Jodie and I always will be." Rich said quietly.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"You better get a move on. I don't know how much longer Aust can ward off Jodie." Rich said with a chuckle.

I giggled and quickly made my way to the kitchen. Austin was standing in the doorway with his arms crossed, trying to look tough. Jodie was mimicking his actions and looking at him the same way.

"Jodie, go sit. It's my turn to cook and make sure you're having a good time. I'll get Aust to bring you a cup of coffee." I said sweetly.

"But, I want to." Jodie said.

"Go." Austin said while pointing to the living room.

"Sheesh, harsh crowd today." Jodie moped.

Austin stepped aside and let me into the kitchen. He trailed behind me and went to fire up the coffee maker.

"Ham on the Traeger for dinner right?" Austin asked.

"Yes please. I'll get it all prepped for you, you'll just have to put it on and monitor the temp." I said while quickly rinsing fruit off in the sink.

"Perfect. Will you fill your cup up with ice please?" Austin said while handing me a tumbler that was covered in stickers that were identical to his face tattoos.

"Where the hell did you get this?" I snickered.

"Etsy again. You really can find anything there." Austin chuckled.