big lie 4.8

"I can't wait to get home." Austin sighed while collapsing onto the bus bed.

Austin had just finished his last show for the year and we were just pulling out to head back to Utah.

"It's going to be nice to wake up in the same city for awhile." I said sleepily.

Austin rolled onto his stomach and cuddled his way into my chest. My hands found their way to his curls absentmindedly and tousled the strands around.

"Dad and Jodie won't be at the house until Thursday, so I get you to myself for a few days too." Austin said.

"We haven't had a moment alone since we met, so hopefully you'll still love me after the break is done." I joked.

"I already know your bad habits, sunshine. There's not a lot that can scare me away at this point." Austin said.

"Good to know." I said while rolling my eyes.

"We won't get to the house until early in the morning, so don't plan on doing anything but cuddling with me and Enchi in the theater room tomorrow." Austin muttered.

"I guess I can manage that." I giggled.

"Did Smitty seem distracted as hell during sound check today?" Austin asked.

"Yeah, because him and Ivory have been talking nonstop since they met." I said while rolling my eyes.

"Oh shit, that's actually working out?" Austin said while perking up.

"They fucked after the Atlanta show, but they're still talking constantly. I'm guessing things went well." I shrugged.

"Low key kind of surprised your match making skills actually worked." Austin said.

"What can I say, I've got the magic." I said with a smirk.

"Oh don't be a cocky little shit." Austin groaned.

"We should've made a bet, I would've gotten some good money out of you." I teased.

"You have free access to my bank account. You can get money out of me whenever you want." Austin stated.

"I don't want to rely solely on your income though. I want to contribute." I pouted.

"We'll get something in the works for you after tour is completely over. I'm not ready for you to be off on adventures with out me." Austin said while a puppy dog face.

"I guess that's fair." I shrugged.

We laid in silence as the bus swayed in a lull down the highway. I tried the best to hike the comforter over one shoulder, as Austin was still snuggled into me.

"Costco is going to be so fucking busy." Austin muttered.

"Go to sleep. We'll worry about that later." I said with a smile.

Austin quickly fell asleep and I wasn't far behind him, slowly drifting into dreamland. I was excited to go home, to our home.

~*~

"Welcome home Enchi!" I squealed excitedly.