sunflower 1.6

Austin and I were currently on a joy ride in his truck

Austin and I were currently on a joy ride in his truck. We took a quick nap, then we had time to cruise up and down the main downtown stretch.

Austin had his left hand on the wheel and his right was laying on my thigh.

"This is so much cooler than my mom car." I said.

"You can take me for a ride later sunshine. We'll see if the mom car can bump." Austin said.

We pulled back into the spot where his truck was being displayed. We had to be at dinner shortly, but we had to stop by my apartment quickly.

"I just need to change quickly and grab my camera bag." I explained to Austin.

"You look fine babe." Austin reassured me.

"I don't want to seem underdressed when I'm out with your team. I am playing Adam after all." I argued.

"Fair enough, sunshine." Austin sighed.

I unlocked the apartment door and went straight to my closet. I pulled out a dressier black tank top and a pair of distressed jeans.

I decided to let my hair down after having it in a bun all day. My hair cascaded down in beachy waves. Content with my look, I walked out to the balcony where Austin was smoking. I pulled the extra cigarette from behind his ear and reached for his lighter.

"Are you excited for tomorrow?" I asked Austin.

He took a long drag from his cigarette before replying to me.

"Yeah I am. I haven't played an intimate show like this in awhile. I'm a little worried that I'll be playing for the wrong demographic and everybody will hate me." Austin said nervously.

I could sense his anxiety in his voice.

"You've got nothing to worry about Austin. Everybody's going to love you." I reassured him.

"I hope you're right, sunshine." Austin sighed.

We finished our cigarettes and headed down the back stairwell. We began to head towards the restaurant we were expected at. We walked in and Austin's entire team was already seated.

"Well, looks who's late." Dre pointed out.

"Sorry man, we took the truck out and lost track of time. It's my bad." Austin said to take the blame.

We were handed menus and everybody silently read through them. I could sense that Dre was annoyed that we were a few minutes late.

I knew I was the reason we were late and I felt guilty. Knocking me out of my own world, Austin began drawing circles on my thigh with his pointer finger. He leaned over to whisper in my ear.

"I can feel your anxiety rising Meadow. Don't blame yourself for us being late. I was the one who napped a little bit longer than I should have." Austin said.