Chapter Fifty-Five: Her Smile Again

Wonder's POV:

I decided to visit Eri after seeing Small Might. Though it was the middle of the day I still felt the need to see her. I know that she's struggling with all the new things happening around her so I have the intention of getting Mirio to bring Midoriya over and introducing them to each other. I figure that it would help both of them in a way.

I let out a sigh as I continued on my way whilst filing that thought into the back of my mind to be thought about later. As I arrived at the hospital, I started to create a small stuffed animal to give the young girl; moving through the hallways people got out of my way as soon as they recognized just who I was while I was focused on the creation in my hands. I made it to her floor but instead of going straight to her room I decided to look for her doctor and get an update first. It didn't take long to find the man I was looking for; "Ah, Wonder!" he greeted before continuing, "Good of you to come by, you're here to visit Eri if I'm not mistaken." He stood from his chair and made a move to walk towards the observation window of her room prompting me to follow him.

"Well," he started, "she was doing very well until yesterday when the horn on her forehead started to grow randomly. We're not sure why exactly but it might be a good thing that you're here for a visit." He stated before motioning at the door causing me to walk towards it.

I entered the room causing Eri to look over from her bed, as soon as she recognized me, she jumped from her bed to run to me. I knelt down and opened my arms quickly pulling the small girl into my arms. "Hello Eri." I said warmly in her mind being careful not to scare her though her response quenched those fears, she hugged me tighter.

I waited a few minutes before I pulled back, not fully breaking the hug but enough so I could see her face. I stood still holding her and moved to sit on the bed with her on my lap; "Now," I started shifting her slightly to make sure she was comfortable before continuing, "how have you been sweetie?" I asked only to see her eyes well up with tears. As they started to fall down her cheeks, I was quick to wipe them away and ask her what was causing her to cry. "I didn't think you would come back..." she trailed off causing me to quickly pull her into another hug. "Eri, I will always be here for you and will do my absolute best to come visit you more." I promised the small girl causing her to nod into my chest. We stayed in they position for quite a long time with me holding her rocking back and forth slowly.

Eventually, we broke the hug and Eri began asking about the others who were there to save her. I quickly assured her that everyone was alright and safe which seemed to cause her to calm, if only a little. It was then that I realized the small child I was holding had yet to smile causing me to hold out one of my hands and let a few of my quirks run wild. Brilliant colours danced through the air mixing and mashing creating interesting shapes and funny looking animals, intricate scenes and fun patterns materialized in front of us causing the young girl to watch in wonder and awe but no smile graced her face. It was at that moment I remembered the animal plush I had made her causing me to slowly stop my active quirk and make the remaining colour disappear from the air.

Eri looked at me in confusion which turned to alarm as I shifted her from my lap and stood. She looked as if she was about to cry out as I stepped away from the bed until she saw me bend down to pick something up from the floor and return to the bed. She quickly crawled back into my lap causing me to smile softly and I placed the plushy onto her lap. "This," I started, "is a kitty plushy and I made them just for you. Let them remind you that I am always with you even if you cannot see me, you mean so much to me and I would do anything to make you happy." I told her as she looked at the plush in her lap. I could tell she didn't really know what to do with it which quickly wiped the smile from my face. After a few moments she hesitantly grabbed it and pulled it into her arms causing a small smile to reappear on my face.

I could see in her eyes that she was getting tired so I knew I couldn't stay much longer but I absolutely refuse to leave without telling her. "Eri, I'm going to need to be leaving now, you need some sleep and I need to go and help more people." I could see that she looked scared for a moment and I was quick to speak up again, "I promise I will come back and see you soon, in fact I'll even have some of the boys who helped save you come in to see you too, how about that?" I asked causing her to give me a small nod before latching onto me in a hug. I hugged her back and started rocking back and forth again whilst singing a soft lullaby in her head. It was only when she had been asleep for several minutes did, I move her to be laying down and replaced myself with her stuffed kitty causing her to latch onto it instead.

As I walked from her room I made a promise to both myself and her, that I would find a way to make her smile again.

Hey guys, I'm not dead! I took a little mental health break and then I got super busy with work only for me to get burnt out and basically breakdown. I came back to writing to hopefully get the escape I used to get whilst writing. I do hope you all enjoyed this chapter and I'm so sorry for keeping you all waiting for so long for it and thank you all for all the support on this story, it really means everything to me, more then you could ever know.

Please feel free to comment as much as you like, I do go through and read all your comments if not reply to them and really do enjoy doing so! Also, I would like to apologize one more time for not updating since January, I will do better at getting you guys updates!

I would also like to remind you all that no matter what I am here for you all and that I am always up to talk to anyone and everyone who needs it! Remember that I love you all and support you no matter what! I'll always be in your corner and I'm cheering you all on! Be strong, you can do and make it through anything!

Thank you all for reading and just remember that I love you all always!

~Avery