Chapter Nine: Everything That Could Go Wrong (Part Three)

Hey guys, just quickly before you read this chapter I changed my writing a little so anytime Wonder is talking it just says that their talking but it means that they're talking through telepathy. I just got tired of saying it.

Wonder's POV:

By the time we had made it to the hospital I had mostly healed Thirteen who was in the other ambulance and had Aizawa stabilized. I'll admit, I'm no doctor, therefore the more complicated things like his facial injuries I left for the doctors to heal while I dealt with the things that would have killed him immediately.

It was a few hours after the attack, I had given my statement to the police and the news stations were going nuts with all that had happened; the TV in Aizawa's room was on the news and was the only thing keeping me occupied while waiting for the hero beside me to wake up.

"In other news, the Unforeseen Simulation Joint, otherwise known as the USJ, was attacked by a group of villains today while UA's class 1A was there for training. The students were forced to have to fight for their lives until help arrived." The television rang out.

It was while listening to this that I remembered why I hate the news so much; these children were not some helpless babies; they were strong and were able to hold their own until I was called to help them! Heck none of them were even really injured! Just some scrapes and tiredness from overuse of their quirks. Sure, this would have freaked them out some but at the same time they are in the hero course, they need to be ready for anything and this will teach them that the enemy will come at you when you least expect it. If anything, this was a good thing for them to experience, I just wished they had more training and experience before being plunged into this.

"Homeroom teacher, Aizawa Shota, as well as rescue hero and teacher Thirteen were injured before Wonder the Worlds Hero was called in to save the day." The news continued.

I mentally groaned at this why did they have to make everyone out to be helpless! They were holding their own pretty well until I got there and I'm sure as soon as All Might would have arrived they would have continued to hold their own.

"Looks like you're not a fan of what they're saying either, 'eh listener?" I didn't even need to look up to know Present Mic had walked into the room. I was still in my hero costume so when I looked over at him and gave him a look it was more intense due to his inability to see the entirety of my face.

He took a seat and looked over at Aizawa, his usual smile fell and he asked "So, how is he doing?". "Well," I started, "I healed him mostly up on the way here, I didn't want to try and heal his facial injuries and make it worse so he had to go through surgery before you got here. They think he might have some eye damage which may affect his quirk but they won't know for sure until he wakes up. He will have to have his arms and such wrapped for a little while to give support until his bones get stronger. I may have healed the injury but I couldn't bring back the integrity of them." I finished.

We were quiet with only the sounds of the news playing in the background saying things along the lines of how things could have been a lot worse had I not shown up when I did. I was getting a little upset with what they were saying when Mic spoke up, "Thank you" he said while not looking away from Aizawa. I looked over at him with confusion in my eyes, at my lack of response he looked over at me and after looking in my eyes he sighed; "Thank you for saving him, thank you for not hesitating, thank you for taking charge when you found out what was wrong, and thank you for just being so selfless." He said and I just looked down with a small smile and tears in my eyes; being a hero, especially one who never wanted to be on any of the top hero lists but was always forced on them, people never think to thank you so having him say it just made me emotional.

"I will always come when I'm called," I started, "I would never have let him die. Heck, if he hadn't called me I still would have gone to figure out what was wrong." I finished and I could see the smile that spread onto his face. It wasn't like his normal hero smile; this one was soft and appreciative. "Also," I cut in causing him to look at me, "You know I don't like all the attention; I would have preferred if All Might took the credit. Too many people come asking questions about why I'm not on the top hero list here and I don't wanna deal with that." I finished causing him to laugh.

When he stopped laughing, he looked back at Aizawa again before he spoke, "You know, the students were talking about what you did. They couldn't believe you were able to take down the nomu because it was meant to take down All Might. I mean, most of us teachers know you're stronger than him but he's going to be asking some serious questions now, same with the students." When he finished I let out a sigh and pinched the bridge of my nose, "I'll talk with Nezu tomorrow and see what he thinks we should do. I'm assuming that school has been canceled tomorrow, right?" I asked, well more like stated, to which he responded with "Yep, closed for the rest of the week."

We were quiet after that and a few hours passed with the only sound being from the television and the occasional doctor or nurse coming to check in or give us updates. The night was surprisingly quiet when it came to hero's needing help, in fact I didn't receive one call for help (mind you it could have been because of the number of people who were captured in the USJ attack but you never know). It was the next morning when a few people came in saying that they were going to try and wake him up thus leading Mic and I to be waiting outside the door until we could go back in.

Just when the doctors came out and told us we were allowed back into the room I heard Nezu call out in my mind link; he told me he was on his way up and asked me to wait for him by Aizawa's door. I sighed and told Mic, asking him to tell Aizawa I was okay if he asked and waited for Nezu. He agreed and went in quickly leaving me to wait for Nezu.

Upon arriving he asked me to follow him and lead me to one of the hospital conference rooms and quickly took a seat which I followed suit. "Now Wonder," he started and I could already tell what this conversation was going to be about, "The students and All Might have been asking a lot of questions about you, what do you want them to know?" he asked causing me to sigh. "Listen," I sighed out, "I don't really care if you tell All Might everything or if you tell him nothing; I just don't want reporters all over me or my secret blown, therefore I will leave that one in your capable paws. As for the students, well, I'm not quite sure what we should tell them." I told him honestly.

He looked at me before sighing, "I guess there's nothing we really can do except give them enough information to satisfy them." I nodded at that because he was right, that was really the only thing that we could do. "As for All Might" he said causing me to turn my attention to him again, "I will talk to him and let you know after what I've shared." I nodded gratefully to him, glad he was willing to do this.

Nezu stood causing me to stand as well before he spoke again, "I would like to thank you again for saving both my staff and students yesterday." I waved it off telling him that it was no big deal. "I won't take up any more of your time, I assume you want to get back to Aizawa so I won't keep you. I'll see you at some point Monday." He bowed before leaving the room.

After he left the room I teleported back to Aizawa's room to find him partly awake and kinda answering Mic's questions. Upon seeing my arrival he turned his head to look at me and I kinda smirked looking at his wrapped face. "I feel like you left my face on purpose, I look like a mummy" he graveled out causing Mic and I to chuckle. "Thank you. For saving my kids, thirteen and myself." He said once we calmed down, I looked over at him and said in a soft but serious tone "Don't thank me, even a hero needs a hero sometimes."

Hey guys! I hope you guys really enjoyed this chapter! Also look at me go! Two chapters in a week... yeah I don't have a constant upload schedule, sorry. Anyways, let me know what you guys think of this chapter and if you guys have anything you think should happen or think I should change please let me know!

Thanks again for reading!

 ~Avery