Chapter Fifty-Six: A Chat With Midoriya

Wonder's POV:

I left the hospital feeling a little better than I had the past few days. It was nice to see Eri but it hurt knowing that she didn't know how to be a child; I gave her a toy and she looked like I had handed her the most foreign thing she had ever seen and that almost broke my heart. She reminded me a lot of myself and I would do anything I could to make her life better then how mine ended up. As I thought this, I started my first patrol of the day though Eri was never out of thought for long. I knew Aizawa was planning on taking custody of her and I do have plans on helping with the set up of her room and spoiling her rotten but at the same time I have no idea how to make her smile... but I know someone who might be able too!

I had abandoned my patrol and found myself in a specific room at Heights Alliance, one covered with All Might posters and memorabilia which confirmed I was in the right room. I guessed based on the time Midoriya would be back soon as classes had let off around half an hour ago and I knew he didn't have any extra training with me (then again, he could also be training with someone from his class but I hope not). I had been waiting for about five minutes before I heard someone start to open the door and I realized it might be weird for me to just be in here so I quickly went out onto his balcony and just waited. Sure enough, the boy opened his door and quickly placed his bag down looking like he was about to get ready to change, my guess is he was about to head out to train. With this thought in mind, I quickly knocked on the balcony door which caused the poor boy to almost jump out of his skin and whip around to look at where the sound came from. Upon seeing me his eyes widened and he seemed to freeze for a moment before seeming to realize who I was and rushing to open the door.

"W-Wonder?" he stuttered seeming to not believe it to which I nodded. He moved back from the door letting me in and I stepped back into the room. I could feel his eyes on me but I didn't turn around for a moment and made it look like I was scanning the room. Finally, I could hear him kinda sigh before he seemed to get some courage; "Wh-what are you doing here?" he asked causing me to turn and actually look at him. I let out a sigh of my own before I flicked my hand, "I went to see Eri today, she's doing alright but I believe it would be good for her if both you and Mirio went to visit her. If you would like, I can speak with your homeroom teacher and see if I can arrange it for tomorrow though I know you are all busy with the plans for the festival but please consider making some time for her." Appeared in the air as I looked at him.

He seemed to process what I had asked before he actually looked at me, I could see something passed through his eyes which almost looked like he realized something before his eyes softened. "I'd like that." He said with a wobbly smile to which I nodded before I stepped towards the door again. I stopped when I felt him reach his hand out towards me causing me to turn back in his direction and cock my head, "You really do care about the people, don't you?" he prompted to which I smiled behind my mask and give a small nod before disappearing back to my previously abandoned patrol.

Midoriya's POV:

*~A Few Minutes Earlier~*

I walked back into the dorms with Todoroki, we had plans to train together before doing some homework together. We had agreed to meet back in the main area of the dorms before heading out giving us both a chance to drop off our stuff and get changed. I split from Todoroki in the elevator and made my way to my room, my brain focused on the training from earlier in the day thinking about all the ways I could improve based on what I had seen. I was so focused on that that I hadn't even realized there was someone watching me until I heard the knock form my balcony door causing me to jump. I looked out the door and froze startled by who I saw, I can honestly say I was frozen for a few moments before realizing that Wonder was indeed standing outside my door and it was clear that they needed to speak with me. I was quick to open the door but my shock got to me again and I heard myself saying their name in clear confusion to which they nodded and I stepped out of the way letting the hero into my room.

It had been quite a while since I had been this close to the hero and I was confused as to why they would be here, not that I'm complaining or anything, but still very confused. I could tell they were looking around my room and I found myself almost self-conscious about my clear favouritism and it took a few minutes to work up the courage to stutter out my next question. "Wh-what are you doing here?" I'll be the first to admit that I was embarrassed about the fact that I stuttered in the face of the new number one hero but I couldn't help but be nervous, I mean, they are more powerful than All Might ever was!

A sigh broke me from my thoughts and I could see the young hero flick their wrist causing a message to appear taking my attention away from my guest. Reading through their message caused a warmth to spread through me. They really care about the people they save; most heroes wouldn't take the time to do this, especially one with as little time as I assume, they have. It took me a moment of re-reading the message before I could respond looking at the hero in front of me. "I'd like that." Was my simple response and I could tell that Wonder was smiling behind their mask before they moved towards the balcony door again, clearly about to leave.

I don't know why I reached out, in fact I didn't even realize I had done it until the hero turned around and I saw my hand reached out. The words flowed from my mouth so easily, "You really care about the people, don't you?" I knew the answer to my question but I still asked, as if their answer would solidify everything to me. The only response I received was a small nod though the softness in their eyes told me everything I needed to know as they turned and disappeared from my dorm.

I stood in the middle of my room for a few minutes thinking over everything that had just happened having a newfound respect for the number one hero before another knock caused me to jump. I looked towards the balcony only for no one to be there causing a confused look to cross my face before the knock repeated itself causing me to look towards the entrance of my dorm. "Midoriya?" I heard from the other side of my door causing me to move to open it. Todoroki was on the other side of the door, he looked me up and down before he spoke again. "Midoriya, are you alright?" he asked causing another confused look to cross my face, "Why wouldn't I be?" I asked causing him to adopt a slightly confused look himself. "We were supposed to meet for training... you were taking a while so I came to check on you and you haven't even changed yet." He paused, "Are you sure you're alright?" he asked again. It hadn't dawned on me how long I had been speaking with Wonder for, in fact, training completely slipped my mind. I rushed back into my room grabbing my training stuff apologizing to my friend the entire time.

After a quick change I was heading out with Todoroki who again asked what had taken me so long which caused me to break and begin to explain. "You'll never believe who was on my balcony when I got back to the dorms today..."

Hello everyone, I hope you're all doing well, I hope everyone had a safe and happy Christmas and new years. I'm sorry for the rather large delay in this chapter, I've been busy and haven't had a chance to proof read the chapters I've written as much as I like too.

I have been replying to comments and Love to do so so please keep them coming. I've even had a few full conversations in them which does bring some added joy to my day! I's also like to thank you all for the continued support on my story, I know it's hard especially when a writer takes breaks like I have so it really does mean a lot to me. I'd also like to thank you all for the almost eighty-eight thousand reads and over three thousand votes! It's amazing to me that something I wrote would get this much attention and love so thank you all!

I would like to remind you all that no matter what I am here for you all and that I am always up to talk to anyone and everyone who needs it! Remember that I love you all and support you no matter what! Also remember that I am proud of you for everything you've done and who you are! I'll always be in your corner and I'm cheering you all on! Be strong, you can do and make it through anything! If you guys ever need to talk, I'm always here to do so!

Thank you all for reading and just remember that I love you all always!

~Avery