Chapter Five: First Day At UA (Part One)

Wonder's POV:

The past few months I've gotten closer to most heroes in Japan, I've been there to help them when they've needed it, I haven't barged in on their saves, saved some heroes on top of the civilians I've saved as well. They also appreciate the fact that I don't want to be on the be counted on the list of top heroes and haven't in any country I've been in. Aside from working I've also gotten closer with a lot of the teachers at the school; whether it be training with them or even helping with lesson plans I was there for them and never complained once.

On top of that I have a great relationship with Aizawa, we both understand how hard it is to work constantly and have to try and do other things. We help each other out all the time and when we're at home we don't annoy the other. We've sorta fallen into a routine and know the others; if I've been out all-day doing hero work when I get home I'll make coffee then wake him up so he can head out, then when he gets home in the morning he'll make breakfast before waking me up to do a few sparing matches with him before I head out and he goes to sleep. He even celebrated my fifteenth birthday with me. Also sure, there are times when things interrupt this routine like me getting a summons from a hero needing help or one of us having to work late but for the most part we stay with our routine. That is, until today.

Today is the first day I'll be attending UA Highschool. To say I'm nervous is an understatement; I've never done something like this before, I have no idea how to react or what to say to anyone!

Thoughts like those were swirling around my head as Aizawa came into my room. "Ready?" he asked startling me out of my thoughts and causing me to jump, he raised an eyebrow at that but didn't say anything. "I guess, I'm just nervous. It's funny, I can go into battle and fight any villains but going to school is scaring me." I told him through telepathy. He just gave me a small smirk; told me I'd do just fine and that breakfast was ready and that we'd be leaving in thirty minutes and walked out of my room.

I sighed and got up to get ready; after a quick shower and dressing in my uniform I rushed to get breakfast quickly, then I went to find Aizawa. As I was rushing around trying to find him... I found him in the worst way... tripping over him... he was laying in his doorframe in his iconic yellow sleeping bag. I sighed as I stood up, he didn't even move when I tripped over him. I opened a portal under him sending him to the staff room and jumped in after him.

As I got out of the portal in the staff room Aizawa was sitting up a few feet away from where the portal opened. "Brat" he muttered while getting up... he may have been thrown upon exiting the portal. I smirked as I heard some snickers from some of the other teachers.

"Ah, hello W! Are you ready for today?" asked Nezu, I gave a small smile and a half nod. "So, where is my class?" I asked everyone in the room telepathically. "Well," Nezu started "as you know you're in class 3A. Your homeroom teacher is Snipe, so you can go to class with him and he'll introduce you to your new class." he finished.

I looked over at him and gave a small smile. I looked back at Aizawa with a little bit of a nervous look. "You'll be fine kid; you fight villains all the time, if anyone gives you a hard time, I think you can handle it." he said, and I smiled.

*~Tiny time skip~*

Snipe and I walked to the classroom with idle conversation passing between the two of us. Upon arriving at the classroom Snipe asked me to stay out of the room while he went in to talk to the class about a new person joining them. I waited a few minutes and then was called in, as I reached out for the door, I took a deep breath and opened the door.

*~A few minutes prior~*

Third person POV:

Snipe walked into the classroom and everyone quieted down and turned their attention to him. "Good morning," he started "before we get started, there is going to be a new student joining us this year.". When he said that the students turned to each other and started whispering to one another. "There's more," he continued "she is extremely intelligent and powerful, also she's younger than you." That caused the whispers to get worse. "Sensei!" "Yes Mirio?" Snipe answered, "How old is she?" Mirio asked. "She is fifteen" he responded. "She's also outside the door, please be nice when she comes into our class." And with that Snipe called her in.

Wonder's POV:

As I stepped into the classroom everyone started staring at me. I took a deep breath and walked to stand next to Snipe. When I got there, I asked Snipe through telepathy if he could introduce me. He obliged, "This is W, and she'll be joining our class this year" he turned to me and said "You can go sit behind Nejire, Nejire please raise your hand" she did, and I made my way over and sat down. As I made my way over I could feel everyone's eyes on me.

. "Hi, I'm Nejire Hado! Nice to meet you!" the girl I now knew to be Nejire said, I nodded in acknowledgement.

In class 3A we have our normal classes like English and history after homeroom, after that is lunch followed by hero informatics and training. (AUTHORS NOTE: I'm kinda changing it a little bit from the manga and anime, All Might will bounce between classes but mostly be in the 1A classes. When it isn't All Might it'll be Cementoss and yes, I know he does teach a subject but this is my story so I'm changing it!) I didn't even make a move to say anything for our early classes and I could tell that it was making people all the more anxious to try and talk to me. As lunch rolled around, I was quick to leave the class and get my food from Lunch Rush. He gave me a smile as he gave me my food; ah yes, I'm actually glad that we have training after lunch, it allows us to be at full energy from the food we just consumed when we are working.

I sat down at an empty table by the edge and farthest away from the door hoping people from my class will leave me alone while I eat. Actually, thinking about training prompted a question; am I supposed to choose one quirk and use only that through my stay here at UA or do I just turn down the power of the attacks while using my quirks? "Hey Nezu?" I ask through telepathy, "Yes?" "Do I just choose one quirk or turn down the intensity of them?" "I'll leave that up to you, I'm confident that you will be able to know when's too far and when you can push the students farther. Think of this more as helping them push their quirks farther by making them work harder and think of new ways to use them." "Thanks, Nezu" I responded with a small smile.

It was about this time that two people plopped down in front of me with another person approaching and sitting beside me... well not beside me per say, they were about a ruler length away from me but still on my side of the table. I looked up to see Nejire and a boy with very blonde hair with a big smile next to her, beside me was a boy with elf ears and black hair looking down at his food almost anxiously. I raised my eyebrow at the three of them, "We thought you looked lonely" Nejire started, "Yeah, plus you're new so you don't have any friends or know anyone yet!" the blonde boy said, I still looked at them with a raised eyebrow. "Ah! Sorry, I'm Mirio Togata! You already know Nejire, and the boy beside you is Tamaki Amajiki!" the blonde, now known as Mirio said, when he said that the timid boy beside me flinched. "He's really shy!" he continued, 'More nervous I would have to guess' I thought.

I nodded at Mirio and continued eating. I could tell my lack of response had taken him a little by surprise, he didn't let it show long though. "You don't talk much, do you?" I shook my head 'no' at him just as I finished my food. I stood and went to deal with my trash and trey, I looked back and the table and debated not going back but I know the teachers would be disappointed if I didn't even give them a chance, so I went back and sat down.

The rest of lunch I sat there and listened to Mirio and Nejire talk, with the occasional few words from Tamaki. After that though we went back to class to wait for Cementoss to take us out to one of the training grounds. While the rest of the class wore their hero costumes, I wore the gym uniform. My hero costume would have given me away and I didn't want people to go through the trouble of making me a new one that won't be any use aside from in school.

As we all got to the training grounds Cementoss announced that our training today would be fighting against each other. That being said, a problem was created by my existence in this class... "Cementoss! Sir, there's an uneven number of students, how is that going to work?" asked a student I'd never met asked. "Well, you all will fight W after your own battle, pending you're not injured." I could feel everyone's eyes again.

I guess I'm fighting everyone today...

Hey everyone! Hope you're enjoying the story so far! Quick question, does anyone know the quirks of the rest of class 3A aside from the big three? The next chapter is going to be a bit bigger if I can get it the way I want it so it might not be out for the next few days.

Thanks for reading!

 ~Avery