Chapter Twenty-Three: The Internship Trouble (Part One)

Wonder's POV:

With the festival now over the first years are going to be going to internships while with the third years they would be doing workplace experience with their hero of choice. When you think about it they are very similar except for the face with the third years they actually get to do work while the most the first years will get to do would be to train or maybe help evacuate people if needed. Normally I wouldn't have thought twice about the first-year heroes in training, however these children will find trouble and I know it. I had a really off feeling about this upcoming week and made my feelings known to Aizawa and Nezu but they didn't really think anything of it.

Welp, if something happens, they get to deal with it.

Over my week I'm just going to be doing my normal hero work. Actually, I get to do more public work in the day instead of only doing work when called by a hero in distress, so that's going to be nice. Oh, also I'm going to be doing a lot of Aizawa's work over this week. He took my advice and approached Shinso and now they're going to be working together! This being said he needs more time off because let's be honest, that boy needs a lot of training. With that said, I will also be working with him when I'm not busy which will be fun.

Well that's what I thought until I actually had to start working; I hadn't been home since the internship week started like two days ago. I haven't slept, haven't ate, haven't drank, nothing! I mean sure, I don't technically need to because of the quirks I possess but it's nice not to have to rely on my quirks all the time. I was heading back to the agency hoping that I would finally be able to go home and maybe sleep like a normal person. In order to save me some time I had left a few clones at the agency and was memory sharing with them that way I wouldn't have a mountain of paperwork to do when I got back. When I teleported into the room, I left my clones I saw something I wasn't expecting. Yes, my clones were doing their jobs and were in fact almost done with the paperwork but that wasn't what was unexpected, the head of the agency was in the room seemingly waiting for me.

"Ah, Wonder! You're back I see. Good, I need you to go to Hosu; something big is going on and I need you to take care of it." He told me in a very direct tone that meant he expected me to say yes and be happy about it. I sighed but nodded before turning and teleporting away. The second I was in Hosu I knew there were several things very wrong; this place was covered with Nomu that the heroes were struggling to fight off but there was something else, I could feel a very familiar person. In fact, I could feel several familiar people, some of which were UA students and one of which was a villain.

I know they can handle their own for at least a few minutes; meanwhile the heroes here are completely overwhelmed and I need to step in and, if nothing else, make it easier for them to finish them off. With that thought I jumped into action; I morphed individual invisible shields around all the civilians and heroes in the area. While that was happening, I also jumped into the fight sending punches and kicks at any and all nomu I came across thinning their numbers drastically. On top of that I was also putting out all the unnecessary fires around the fight and using the shields to lift any civilians in immediate danger or had nowhere to go out and to the safe area.

After about five minutes of doing this the number of nomus were where I knew if I left the hero's who were still here would be able to handle it. I was quick to go where I was feeling the presence of the UA students only to be met by a well-known villain, Stain. I looked over and was not surprised with the hero students I saw; "Aizawa you owe me!" I yelled to him through the mind links as I saw the Todoroki boy quickly throw a wall of ice in front of Midoriya. I saw Stain going to make a move for Todoroki while he was facing the green haired boy and threw up an invisible shield in front of him as Stain swung at him; his blade was deflected off the shield causing a confused look to pass across the two closest students and an angry one to hit Stains face.