Chapter Fifty-Two: Don't Worry, You're Safe Now (Part One)

Wonder's POV:

We were sitting in the last meeting before the mission ironing out the last-minute details and right before the meeting was finished I stood from my seat catching the attention of everyone present; the entirety of this meeting I had not made any indication I wanted to say anything and had kept my eyes on my lap as my thoughts raced with what tomorrow will hold. As I stood everyone just looked at me waiting for me to say something, finally I flicked my wrist and the message that appeared caused many eyes around the room to widen; "I'll be going in before any of you and getting Eri out. She is just a child and has already gone through so much, she doesn't need to be there for this as well." It read and before anyone had a chance to argue I pulled a memory of the pain she was in and showed it to them before showing another message, "I will not let her suffer any more." And with that, I teleported from the room.

*~Small Time Skip~*

Today's the day, the day she won't have to suffer anymore, the day she will be free. That was rolling around in my head as I teleported to the meeting point where quite a few heroes were already waiting. "Wonder, you're here!" Fat Gum pointed out causing many of the others to look over at me, I nodded to them before walking over to Sir Nighteye. Once I was at him, I flicked my wrist causing a small message to appear in front of him, "I shouldn't be long, at most this should take twenty minutes. I'll let you know if something changes." The message read and after a moment he nodded causing me to turn and walk away from him. Everyone in the room looked over at me and watched as I, quite literally, walked through the wall. I made myself invisible and made sure I wouldn't have a heat signature before I continued into the villain base. I spent a good seven minutes walking through walls trying to find Eri before I actually found her; she looked so weak and like she had given up and that alone broke my heart. I made myself visible to her and held my hand to my mouth signaling for her to be silent, it was obvious that my presence had startled her and I knew I needed to do something to keep her calm. I approached her and pulled my hood down as well as removing my face mask causing her eyes to widen slightly, while she was distracted, I formed a link with her. "Eri." I said softly through it causing her to jump, "There is no need to be scared," I continued, "I'm here to get you out of here and take you somewhere safe." I told her as I held my hands out to her. I waited patiently for her to make the first move and after a few moments she moved from her bed towards me. I gave her a soft smile but she stopped a few feet away from me, "I don't want to hurt you..." she said and that broke my heart even more, "Sweetie, you could never harm me." I told her softly as I moved forward and gently grabbed her hand.

She flinched at the touch but a few moments later she seemed to warm up to it and moved slightly closer to me. I gave her a warm smile and held my other arm out as if asking for a hug and she seemed confused, "Can I touch you?" I asked carefully knowing full well that she didn't have very good experiences with people touching her. She nodded at my question and I slowly moved forward wrapping my arms around her as I let go of her hand, she grew rigid in my hold but I didn't move hoping she would warm up to me. After a minute or two she moved her arms around me to return the hug and I smiled into her shoulder, I held her for a few more moments before I moved back and looked at her. "Eri, I'm going to get you out of here. You never have to see that bad man again and I will never let him hurt you again, okay?" I told her and I could see the tears welling up in her eyes. "Eri, I need you to trust me, okay?" I asked as I stood and held my hand out for her to take.

Third Person's POV:

Wonder had been gone for nearly twenty minutes and everyone in the meeting room was getting anxious considering they hadn't said anything had gone wrong. Finally, when the twenty minutes was almost up, Aizawa stood; "Wonder says they have Eri and are making their way out." He said to everyone causing smiles to erupt around the room; they had done it, they got her.

Back to Wonder's POV:

After Eri took my hand I sent the message that I had her to Aizawa and picked her up placing her on my hip. As I did so I also turned her invisible and shared my ability to walk through walls to her; I started walking towards the wall and I could feel her start to tense in my arm causing me to look over at her scared face. "Trust me Eri." I told her before I moved my face mask and hood back into position and moved closer to the wall. When we were standing right in front of it, I reached my hand out and showed her that it would go right through and nodded for her to try it causing her to reach her hand out cautiously. I watched as she became startled when her hand went through it before I spoke, "This is how we will get out." she nodded and I took that as my cue to go. I walked straight knowing it would probably be the quickest way for us to get out and sure enough not even five minutes later we were stepping outside of the compound.

I quickly moved us to the meeting room and once we were inside, I made us visible again causing everyone in the room to look over at us. Several heroes moved towards us and I could feel Eri start to shake in my arms causing me to quickly throw a shield up around us preventing them from getting closer. After they had walked into it, I flicked my wrist allowing a message to appear, "You're scaring her." Appeared in my signature silver lettering which caused a few of them to scratch the back of their heads in embarrassment. I could still feel her shaking in my arms causing me to start rubbing her back softly, "Don't worry, you're safe now." I told her soothingly before I decided to add something else, "I will never let anything hurt you again." I told her whilst still rubbing her back. She said nothing but I knew she had heard me because she had stopped shaking and I could feel my shoulder starting to get wet.

Hey guys! I am so sorry that I haven't updated this story in so long! I have been busy updating the other story and I officially started working again this week! I wanted this chapter to be perfect and as it stand I don't feel like it is so at some point I will probably rewrite it and make it better. Part two is going to be the rest of the mission, like where they take down Overhaul and such (encase anyone was wondering).

I would also like to thank you all for over thirty-three and a half thousand views and over twelve hundred votes! that means everything to me and I will never be able to thank you enough for that! It really means so much to me!

I would like to remind you all that no matter what I am here for you all and that I am always up to talk to anyone and everyone who needs it! Remember that I love you all and support you no matter what! I'll always be in your corner and I'm cheering you all on! Be strong, you can do and make it through anything!

Thank you all for reading and just remember that I love you all!

~Avery