Chapter Seventeen: Preparing For The Festival? (Part One)

Aizawa's POV:

I woke up to the smell of coffee and homemade pancakes which alerted me to Wonder being awake. I actually felt well rested for a change, I also didn't hurt as bad but I knew that would change when I got up.

I drank the drink Wonder left for me the night before while turning on my phone and waiting for the daily onslaught of texts from Hizashi. Not even seconds after it had turned on did the expected messages begin to blow up my device.

With a sigh I opened my message app, and to my surprise there wasn't just messages from Mic but from Nemuri as well. I opened the ones from her first which mostly consisted of her asking me if I had seen what happened last night or if I had watched the news yet which confused me greatly. Upon opening the ones from Mic, I was met with quite the large number of similar messages to Nemuri caused me to wonder what actually happened last night.

I clicked off the app and opened the internet to look up the news and see what all the fuss was about. I can honestly say, I can see what all the fuss was about now though...

Wonder's POV:

I had woken up about two hours after falling asleep to get ready for the day; I will admit that I was not happy with myself, due to my lack of sleep, and was quick to activate my energy and stamina quirks to fully wake me up. I had a quick shower and did my morning routine before making my way to the kitchen to start on some breakfast for both me and Aizawa. Due to me waking up earlier then I would normally I had time to make pancakes which I knew would be a treat for Aizawa. After making the batter and putting the first few in the pan I moved to start making coffee knowing that would be the first thing Aizawa would make his way too when he was awake. It was about ten minutes later when the other resident of the home stumbled into the kitchen and start to make his way to the coffee maker; I halted those movements when I held up a mug of coffee towards him made exactly the way he likes and a plate of pancakes while nodding my head towards the barstool. He took both and gave a nod before moving to the seat while I moved to pull out the syrup and butter from the fridge and placed them in front of him.

While he was eating, I moved back to the pan to finish making the pancakes when he finally spoke up. "How was last night? Had to have been busy." I paused for a moment before responding, "There wasn't anything big in your area, though I did have a few clones trailing a few people from your area but yeah." He actually looked at me when I told him that, "And, what about your area?".

I had finished making the pancakes by this point, with my own plate in hand I looked at him and asked "Why do you ask?" as I started eating. "I saw the news" was the only thing he said, "Is it any good or did they twist the story to make me seem incompetent?". "Well I don't know what happened last night so I can't really answer that" I sighed at his answer and began sharing memories of the night before while on patrol.

By the time he had fully gone through the memories it was almost time for us to leave for the school; "Well, for once, the media hasn't tried to write something awful about what happened so that's good." He said as I moved to teleport the two of us to the U.A. staff room, "That's good at least." I responded as we arrived in the room.

Everyone looked up from their work or paused the conversations they were having to stare at me upon arriving causing me to shift awkwardly. "Why are they staring at me Aizawa?" I asked him nervously. Before he even had a chance to open his mouth to respond the hero's around the room began shouting praises for my actions the night before, thus making me even more awkward.

I stood still while the teachers surrounded me to try and ask questions only to be interrupted by the esteemed principal who stopped all the questions with his own; "Ah W's here is she? Can I speak with you for a moment before classes start?". I nodded to which he turned to Snipe, "She might be late to homeroom." Then turned to address everyone else, "Don't forget to talk with your classes about the upcoming sports festival." And with that he turned and walked out of the room with me following.