Chapter Twenty-Four: The Internship Troubles (Part Two)

Wonder's POV:

I was walking down the halls of the hospital with the Hosu police chief, Tsuragamae Kenji, in my hero form. People would part, stare, look like they wanted to approach us but held back as we made our way down the hallways. After several minutes of walking through different hallways we met up with two heroes outside the room which I assumed the boys were in. "So, what's going to happen to them?" asked Manual looking towards the police chief. Tsuragamae just sighed and stated "That's for them to decided. Woof." before motioning for them to go inside. I could hear Gran Torino talking with the students about to introduce Tsuragamae and the ones who interned under them give off surprised reactions at them being there.

Before he went inside the chief turned to me; "Wonder, you already know what's going to come of this meeting, woof. I'd like you to stay out here until I need you, I assume you have a way of hearing into the room so you'll know when you're needed." I simply nodded and he made his way into the room. I activated a quirk which would allow me to hear what they were talking about just as Tsuragamae had entered.

Third Person's POV:

As Tsuragamae made his way into the room the boys moved to stand and respectively greet the police chief; "Oh, you can just stay seated, woof." he told them before the green haired boy could get up, "You must be the U.A. students who brought down the hero killer, right?" he asked them already knowing the answer. Todoroki answered with a simple yes before the police chief continued; "Regarding the hero killer we arrested... He had fairly serious injuries, with burns and broken bones, and is receiving treatment under strict guard, woof." He paused looking at the three boys. Outside the door Wonder knew exactly what the chief was doing and it was making her smile behind her mask, completely ignoring the way people were walking by and staring at her.

"Since you are U.A. students, I'm sure you already know that when superpowers were still becoming the norm, the police attached high importance to leadership and standards and made sure Quirks were not used as weapons. And then, the profession of "hero" emerged to fill the gap, woof. For an individual's use of force and power that can easily kill others-- actions that normally would be appropriate to denounce-- to be accepted officially is thanks to early heroes who followed the ethics and rules of the profession, woof. Even up against the hero killer, for uncertified individuals to cause injury with their Quirks without specific instruction from their guardians or supervisors is a clear violation of the rules. The three of you, and the pro heroes Endeavor, Manual, and Grain Torino must receive strict punishment." The chief stated all of this without looking away from the three boys, almost as if he was staring the three of them down.

"Wait a minute. If Iida hadn't done anything, Native would've been killed. If Midoriya hadn't come, the two of them would've been killed." Todoroki said angerly. After Iida said his name in almost disbelief he continued, "No one even realized that the hero killer had appeared. Are you saying we should've followed the rules and watched people get killed?". This caused Midoriya to try and cut in with his stuttered "W-W-Wait!". In response to Todoroki, Tsuragamae said "Are you saying that as long as it turns out all right, it's okay to bend the rules?" Todoroki then asked "Isn't it a hero's job to save people?" very pointedly. The chief simply responded "That is why you are not a full-fledged hero yet. Goodness, what are you being taught by U.A. and Endeavour, woof?"

Outside the door Wonder was almost laughing at how thick the chief was laying it on them before he told them the truth, if she hadn't known what was going on, she would have flinched at his words. It seemed Todoroki had let his anger take over and lashed out so much so that I didn't even need my quirk to hear him yell "You dog!". Iida being the responsible class representative he is was trying to calm him down, "Stop it. He is absolutely right." At this point Gran Torino decided to cut in; "Hang on a minute. Hear him out until the end." There was silence for about two seconds before Tsuragamae said "That was the official opinion of the police. And the punishment and such would only happen if this were made public, woof. If this were made public, you would probably be applauded by the public, but you would not be able to escape punishment. On the other hand, this is a bit underhanded, but if it is not made public, the burn scars, that were seen before Wonder fixed them, would support Endeavour being the hero who saved the day, and it would end there, woof. Thankfully, there were very few witnesses. This violation could be crushed here, woof. But this would also mean no one would know about your good judgment or achievements. Which do you prefer? Personally, I don't want to be the one to find fault with promising young ones because of one big mistake, woof."

Immediately after that was said Manuel quickly added "Either way, we will need to take responsibility for being negligent in our supervisory duties." Iida walked over to his temporary guardian and bowed while saying "I am truly sorry." Manuel smiled and said "All right. You'll cause trouble for others! If you understand, then don't do it again!". This caused Iida to quickly "I won't!" before returning to an upright position.

"I-I'm sorry." Midoriya stuttered while looking while Todoroki muttered "Please take care of it.". Finally, Tsuragamae could say how he really felt; "Because of the unfairness of adults, you will not receive the praise you would probably have gotten, but at least, as someone who protects the peace, I can say thank you." while bowing to the three students. "Please start with that next time." Todoroki muttered causing Midoriya to smile and say "Todoroki..."

Wonder's POV:

I took that as my cue and entered the room; the heroes parted from the doorway to let me in. I looked at the three injured boys and sighed; I had been told that I was supposed to leave their injuries until they healed on their own or under the supervision of the hospital staff. All of the boys were staring at me with wide eyes as I made my way over to stand beside Tsuragamae. I could see the look in Iida's eyes and I knew he was thinking about the last time we were in the hospital together but I kept a strong look in my eyes, I was here for a reason and if he really wanted to talk about it, we could after.

"Wonder and I have spoken at lengths and they are willing to, if you so choose, take the credit." Tsuragamae said to the three U.A. students. "Wait, I thought Wonder hates taking credit for doing hero work?" Midoriya asked looking towards me causing me to sigh and look over at Tsuragamae. "They do; however, we have a way to make it seem like it was just seen by the public and reported what happened and since they were there it won't be questioned. Plus, their quirk can explain how there is no damage after his apprehension since they repaired most of Hosu from the Nomu damage." Tsuragamae explained to them. "You would really take credit for it for this for us? You don't ever take credit for the things you've accomplished!"

I looked over at them and waved my hand letting the cursive letters of the message appear; "I want you guys to be able to have a successful career free of blemishes from you guys doing the right things. That being said, I will not be doing this again so if you do this again that is on you." The three of them nodded and told Tsuragamae that they would like to go with me taking the credit which I knew they would be considering how horrible of a hero Endeavor is; he accepted and thanked them for the help they had given me on stopping the Hero Killer (even though he knew I could have done it on my own) and left causing the other heroes and myself to turn to leave as well.

I was almost out the door when I was stopped by Iida calling out to me; "Hey Wonder, can I talk to you for a second?" I turned back to him and nodded waiting for him to start. "Why?" he asked causing me to give him a confused look, "Why would you help me?! I was so rude to you yet you help me anyways! Why?!" he looked at me with a mixture of anger, confusion, and sadness in his eyes. I could tell that the others in the room were horrified that he was yelling at me; he looked down and sighed, "I'm sorry, I know you were only trying to help." He said while still looking down.

I placed my hand on his arm causing him to look at me before I waved my hand causing my signature cursive lettering to form a message for him, "There is nothing to forgive, however you should never let your anger fuel your actions. It can not only hurt yourself but the ones you care about as well." As he was reading that I turned and walked back towards the door, as I reached the door I turned back and looked at him waving my hand again before leaving. The words "I did everything I could for your brother. There are just some things that the body can't come back from, even if I'm the one who's trying to fix it." appeared as I disappeared from the room.

Hey guys! I'm so sorry!!!! This chapter was meant to be posted yesterday but I accidently fell asleep while editing! I'm sorry! I hope you at least enjoyed it and are enjoying the story!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR OVER 2000 READS!!!! YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING AND I LOVE YOU!!!!

As always, if you guys have anything that you feel should be in this story or anyone that you think she should interact with please let me know and I'll see what I can do! Also, I love answering your comments so don't be afraid to do it! I promise I don't bite!

Thanks again for reading and I love you guys!

 ~Avery