Chapter One: Her Early Life

Wonder's POV/ slight 3rd POV:

"Hurry up!" my mother screamed, "You have to be faster! This is the same course as yesterday!" my father wailed. With their screeches I pushed my self harder trying to finish the course they set up faster. I must beat yesterdays time! I don't even want to know what will happen if I don't.

It's been like this since I could walk; my parents would wake me up in the early hours of the morning before one of them go out to do hero work for the day, work me all day with both quirkless and quirk training until I drop, depending on how I did that day feed me, then send me off to bed only for it to repeat the next day. There were days I would pass out due to exhaustion and my parents would just wake me up and make me work harder.

Right now, I'm five years old and have mastered every type of martial arts, defence, offence, and disarming, as well as have a mastery of my quirk that most adult heroes couldn't claim. Everything blends so well together that it's graceful when I fight. Recently, my parents have started taking me out to do hero work with them in the evenings... more like take me out and let me do everything.

Finally, I finish the course. "Hmmm, not bad, you're about thirty seconds faster then yesterday. However, you could have been faster!" my mother started, "Well it can't be helped right now, we have to get to work." my father cut in silencing the thought my mother was about to continue. "Ah yes, lets see how you fair today" mother spoke.

I quickly changed into what I use as a make shift costume (you can come up with this) and hurried down the stairs to meet my parents, I learned at a young, well younger age, that I should never keep them waiting no matter how exhausted I may be.

This is how life was for me for the first six years of my life, never did I get a day off, never did I have the ability to make friends or meet people my own age, never did I go to school. My parents said that I was already a certified genius so what was the point in wasting my time in school when I could be training or doing hero work. When I was six years old, I became an official hero going by the name "Wonder". Aside from a select few people nobody knew anything about me; my age, gender, parents, nothing. It was nice. I hoped that becoming a hero at such a young age would make my parents proud of me, however that wasn't the case.

After becoming a hero in Canada my parents wanted me to expand my heroics to the United States. From there they wanted me to do hero work in Europe, after that it was Africa. By the age of fourteen I was a well-known hero in almost every country. My hero name had been altered from just Wonder to "Wonder; The Worlds Hero". I was happy for the time away from my parents, they were basking in all the fame and wealth I had acquired in my hears of hero work. If it were up to me, I would only have kept enough money to sustain myself, the rest would have been donated. However, it was never up to me.

When I was eight years old and working in Italy however I received news that my parents had been killed while doing hero work back in Canada. I didn't know how to feel, part of me was sad because ultimately, they were my parents, no matter how poorly they treated me, yet another part of me felt free, like I could breathe more. I thought that maybe I would be able to have my life in my own hands for once in my life, but that wasn't the case. My uncle, my mothers brother took over my "care", mostly he just wanted to be able to squander all the money I was making, he never cared if I was okay and would even get angry if I was using the money I had made to buy things I needed while in another country.

At twelve years old however he was killed in a car accident and I was able to convince the government that I could take care of myself. And I guess that brings us to where I am now, I'm on my way to Japan, the only country I have yet to make an appearance. The Japanese government had actually contacted me while I was in the Indonesia (where I just came from) and asked an audience with me when I first arrived. I wonder what they want to talk about...