Chapter Sixteen: Patrol

Wonder's POV:

After I left the Aizawa's place I was quick to teleport to my assigned area; being with an agency means they would assign different areas for the heroes to take care of that way the entire city would be covered.

Nothing much happened on my patrol over Aizawa's area, there were a few attempted robberies which didn't get very far, a couple fights where I had to stop them from using their quirks and causing major damage, and a few suspicious people who looked like they were dealing something. I ended up creating a few clones in order to follow the people to see if I could figure out what they were potentially dealing and if there was something bigger then I could see at the moment before continuing on. Every now and again throughout my first patrol I would get updates from my clones and occasionally some memories sent from them so I could see exactly what was going on.

By the end of Aizawa's area I was feeling pretty accomplished; I had arrested a good handful of criminals which made me confident that Japan was, at least a little bit, safer for it.

I teleported to my area full of energy from my, so far, successful night ready to start in my own area.

*~small time skip~*

So far, my area was turning out to be a pretty uneventful area, this fact was boring me greatly. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that there's nothing happening but I kinda wish there was something going on so I could keep feeling that accomplished feeling while making everyone safer.

I continued on, seeing the occasional hero who would acknowledge me. I did stop twice, once to have a small chat with Present Mic and then with midnight about our evenings so far respectively. I had heard from both the heroes that this area was surprisingly and uncommonly quiet, almost like the calm before the storm.

It was about half an hour before my patrol was over when it happened.

Everything got really quiet, way too quiet. I paused and looked around, this quiet was an unnatural one, even at night there should have been some form of sound: someone trying to get home late, a cat in an alleyway nocking over a trashcan, a TV from an apartment, someone arguing with someone else, a car driving down the street, yet there was nothing until...

B O O M

A huge explosion in a nearby apartment building, the ground shook from the blast and the flames caused by it raged from the building. I barely had anytime to take in what was happening when I ran for the building, the only thought in my mind was that there's people in there and I need to get them out.

The explosion happened on the third floor of the sixteen-floor building causing the fire to spread both up and downwards. I created as many clones as I could in the small amount of time I had while running to the building; some of them stayed outside to either start putting out the fire while others started setting up a makeshift hospital to help the inevitably injured people while the rest followed my inside to get everyone out.

I made my way up the floors losing clones along the way and making more as we got higher. My clones all knew that they were to do whatever it took to get the people out, and in order to get that down every single one of them had access to all of my quirks. When we finally reached the top floor, I sent my clones to the different apartments while I went into one myself. The one I entered had a mother and her three children; when I looked at them, I could tell they were scared. I created an illusion to calm the children down while I looked at the mother, I waved my hand creating the message "There was an explosion down on the third floor, you need to get out now before the building becomes unstable or the fire gets here.".