Chapter Three: Meeting With The Government

Wonder's POV:

I was about ten minutes early when I finally found the building I was supposed to be at. I made my way to the room where, whatever this meeting was supposed to be about, was to take place. Upon arrival I realized I was the last one there. The Commissioner General (a middle-aged man with dark gray hair and stern eyes who was frowning), the Public Safety Commission President (an elderly looking woman who has her shoulder length hair slicked back and wearing a dark suit), there was a man who looked like he was on the verge of falling asleep beside her wearing a two-piece suit. Aside from government looking people there seemed to be several heroes here whom I can identify; Present Mic chatting loudly with Cementoss, Midnight playfully flirting with one of the staff who was bringing in drinks for everyone, Eraser Head taking a nap in the corner, Vlad King talking quietly with Snipe and Ectoplasm, and lastly there was Nezu (who I knew to be the principle of the prestigious UA Highschool) sitting next to the Commissioner General and enjoying a cup of, what I can only assume to be, tea.

I walked in not being noticed by anyone and went to the seat closest to the door. I was still in my hero get up so nobody could really see my face. I was wearing a dark grey, almost silver, assassin's creed looking jacket (sorry you're pretty flat chested) which came over my eyes and shadowed the rest of my face. I had a face mask which covered my neck, mouth and nose which was black, tight black pants and black shoes. My long bluish silver hair was in two Dutch braids and hidden under my hood. In all ways, my gender and facial features were hidden as much as possible.

Nezu had just looked at the clock which was by the door I had just come in when he noticed me sitting there. "Ah, welcome to Japan Wonder! I do hope you had a good trip." As he finished that statement all eyes in the room landed on me and the room went silent, almost as if everyone was waiting for me to speak. With a wave of my hand the words 'It went as it usually goes' appeared in the air for them to read. Everyone took their seats quickly so the meeting could begin.

"Yes well, anyways," the Commissioner General started "I suppose we can start now that you've arrived." he finished. "Yes, we all know why we're here, correct?" Nezu asked. Everyone nodded and looked at me which confused me greatly. With a wave of my hand the words 'I don't' appeared in the air. "We are concerned how hero people will respond to you being here being that you are far younger than the legal hero age." The Public Safety Commission President stated. I was slightly taken aback by that; every country had accepted me greatly and I never had any problems with the fact I was younger.

I produced another message 'Have people been causing problems due to the thought of me being here or on my way here?' which I received a quick 'no' from everyone around the room, this confused me even more. 'So, what's the problem?' I asked through air messages. "You are technically an illegal hero in Japan" the Commissioner General stated. Both the he and the Public Safety Commission President looked at the man asleep between them, "Oh wake up Yokumiru Mera!" she snapped which woke the man with a jolt. "Ah, sorry, what's happening?" the man I now know to be Yokumiru Mera asked with a yawn.

"We were just going over why Wonder would be a problem to have in this country" the President stated almost disappointedly. "Ah, yes, right. Well according to the law they are too young, and they don't have a valid licence for this country. With their licence they would need to be brought in under an agency, plus they aren't even with any agency so nobody aside from themselves could be held accountable for whatever actions they take. How old are you anyways?" he finally finished. I waved my had and the number fourteen appeared in the air which caused a few whispers to be heard around the room.

Nezu cut in at this point, "That's very impressive with all the things you've accomplished at this age. How much schooling have you had?" he asked. I only shook my head which lead to a loot of confused looks. I sighed and waved my hand which made everyone look up to read my response. 'My parents felt my time could be better spent with training; I don't have any formal schooling yet I'm probably the smartest person in this room' was my response. I could feel everyone's eyes burning into my hood.