Chapter Nineteen: It's Time For The festival (Part One)

Wonder's POV:

Todays the day; the first of the three-day sports festival. I'm totally pumped! From what the teachers have said they all have a lot of protentional. For the past two weeks the teachers have been almost bragging about their classes and have been trying to talk up their classes to me. I guess we will see if they were talking biasedly or not by the end of today.

I went to school for the first few classes before I had to leave to help get Fat Gum out of a literal sticky situation. Yes, apparently there is a person who has a quirk that allows them to produce large amounts of gum which all but buried him until he called me. By the time I had returned to UA it was time for the festival to begin.

I hadn't even bothered to try and come up with a more civilian outfit; I simply activated a cleaning quirk (to remove the extra gum... I swear I'll be finding it for days on random parts of my hero suit) and started moving to my seat. Nezu had told me that he reserved me one of the best seats; front row in the hero section or the stadium. If I'm being honest, I'm really excited to see what these students can do.

When I finally arrived at my section all the classes had just been introduced and Midnight had just taken the stage. As I walked down the stairs beside the seats making my way to my reserved seat conversations stopped and all eyes made their way to me. People in other sections began looking over as well and it didn't take long for everything to become quiet. I could tell some of the students were confused at the sudden quietness and began looking around. I saw when the first student's eyes landed on me; they froze, then elbowed the person next to them and pointed at me. That set off a chain reaction causing all the student's eyes to make their way to my figure.

The quietness was only broken when I had sat down and even than there were only murmurs echoing here and there. After I was seated, I heard Midnight clear her throat before calling up the first-year representative who gave a... interesting but confident (I guess?) speech before she explained the first event; the obstacle course.

As the countdown began, I sat a little straighter, flittering my eyes to over the students allowing my analysis quirk to give me everything I needed to know about each student. The race had barely begun and quirks were already flying. For starters, Endeavor's boy, whom I believe is named Shoto, froze almost everyone's feet to the ground to try and get an early lead. It's a smart move when you're up against that many opponents.

All in all, that strategy did give him enough of an edge to be able to get to the first obstacle before the others. Without even flinching he froze all the robots off balance and rushed through. Again, another smart strategy, this would give him another few minutes to get ahead when the robots inevitably fell, I just hope nobody gets really injured.

Not even a few seconds later the robots fell creating a huge blockade of metal bots to slow the students. I could vaguely hear Mic making commentary but I was far too interested in what the students were doing. The representative of this year with the explosion quirk flew over the robot graveyard causing other students to follow his lead.

I watched as the students continued to make their way through the course and before I knew it there were students at the final obstacle, mines. Now is when I began thinking that UA was taking it a little too far; like common, live mines! But the students barely flinched before continuing. I noticed a certain green haired boy whom I remembered from the USJ grab a piece of metal and before I could fully register his plan, he was flying through the air towards first. Ultimately, it worked out in his favour because he came in first.

So far, I could definitely tell the teachers were not exaggerating about this group of first years.

Midnight began to explain the next event, the cavalry battle. If I'm being totally honest, I didn't listen to what she was saying except when she talked about people having to be in groups. Based on what I've seen so far in the festival I began to form teams that would work well together mentally. I smiled when I saw a few groups did end up as I mentally planned and I began to get excited about different ways to most effectively use each member of the groups.