Backstory

Shota Aizawa's POV:

"A beautiful baby girl." I heard the doctor say while the newborn was crying. Overwhelming joy washed over me as the doctor handed me my child "Hey, Y/N.." I said while holding her softly in my arms. She wasn't crying anymore, as if being in my arms comforted her, because she knew that I was her dad.

"Shota," I look up to see my wife, Yumari, sitting on her hospital bed. "Can I hold her too?" She said. "I don't know if I can trust you..." I joked, playfully narrowing my eyes. She laughed tiredly. Probably from just birthing a coochie gremlin. "Here, honey," I said and carefully handed her our baby.

She was discharged a few hours later and we went home.

The first few months of adjusting to having a child was everything but easy. Yumari was getting a lot less sleep. She was exhausted but still went to work daily. she had to solve murder cases by day and look after a baby by night.

Y/N wasn't a loud baby, she didn't always cry without reason. At night is when she mostly got hungry. Yumari would breastfeed her and then Y/N would go to sleep.

Four years later

Yumari, Y/N and I were playing hide n seek on a Saturday afternoon. I was the seeker and Y/N and Yumari were hiding.

Since Y/N was small and pretty smart, she was an amazing hider. Only second to me, of course. I had a pretty hard time finding her. While searching for her, I decided that it would be a good idea to scare her when I found her.

After five more minutes of seeking, I saw a tiny shadow run across the hall of the house. I was definitely weirded out, by it.

The reason why I had such a hard time finding Y/N, was because she was moving around. Like a fucking assassin- ninja thing. 'She's a child! She should not be able to be stealthy like that!'

I didn't know how she was able to be a little ninja-gremlin-assassin, but she definitely got it from me. But I could still sneak up to her and scare the living hell out of her.

"BOO! " "ACK!" she looked to me. "Daddy, that was mean." She whined, causing me to chuckle. However, my eyes widened when I noticed something, chains were sprouted from her arms and stuck in the floor. She had manifested her quirk. It was the same as my wife's.

"Darling, please come here!" I called. That's when Y/N noticed what was going on. "Is this my quirk?" She mumbled.

Yumari walked through the door and saw the scene. She quickly walked over to our daughter and crouched before her, "Y/N," she started, the four year old looked at her mom, "Yes, mama?" She replied. "take a deep breath and imagine the chains disappearing." she said. I watched as Y/N closed her eyes and the chains slowly retracted back into her arms.

"Come on, lets go to the doctor." I said. Yumari smiled, and Y/N excitedly nodded. We then drove to the doctor's office to get her quirk registered.

One year later

Yumari started coughing and getting sick. At first we thought it was a common cold, since it was winter at the time but we were dead wrong.

After running some tests at the clinic, we found out that it was lung cancer, but has already spread to other organs, and it was impossible to cure it at this stage. My wife was dying. And we didn't know how to tell our daughter.

As time passed, Yumari got worse. Coughing up blood, losing colour in her skin and she lost weight, at an alarming rate. She hat to quit her job as a detective because she was getting too weak.

One day, Y/N came up to me when her mom was asleep and asked me a question: "daddy, mama is going to die, isn't she?" she looked shaken and hurt. With that one question, With eight words, my heart broke into a million pieces. The realization hit me like a bus. My daughter is going to have to grow up without a mom.

I bent down and hugged her tightly as she started crying. "Everything is going to my okay, gremlin." I said to not only her, but to myself. I'm going to be the best dad I can, for Yumari's sake.

Two weeks after that, my wife had to go to the hospital. She had died shortly after. She died while reassuring me that everything was going to be okay, I just hoped and prayed that she was right.

The funeral was a few days after Yumari died and the second worst day of my life, the first being the day she died.

My daughter was just as sad about her mother's death as I was. She was gripping onto my hand at the funeral. It was as if she was telling me never to leave her.

Yumari's family never liked me that much, they would glare at me when there was a family gathering. I don't really care, though. But at her funeral it was different. Instead of glaring, they wouldn't give me sympathetic looks and even wish me luck. People only care when you lose someone or when you die. It's disgusting.

I didn't bother to stay for the food, I didn't have the energy. It looked like Y/N didn't either. She was exhausted from crying throughout the funeral. It broke my heart to see her like that.

Now it was Y/N and I against the world. The 'Aizawa duo' as Hizashi called us.

When Y/N was eight, she asked me to train her to be a hero. I agreed.

I put her in gymnastics class because one; it would help her with combat and stealth training. And two; she asked me. I'd give her the world.

So, at 3pm she would go to gymnastics until 4:30 and then I would train her from 5 until 6. She would take a bath and sleep afterwards. That's when I could go on late night patrols after I put on alarms in our house which would notify me if someone were to break in.

I never pushed her too far when she was training, since she has my passed wife's quirk, I knew the drawbacks. And I don't want her arms covered in bandages when she's at school. Having child protective services coming to my house would be such a pain in the ass.

Y/N 15 now and in her last year in middle school. She said that she didn't want to go to UA because of the sports festival and that it would put too much attention on her. She wanted to be a rogue hero, like me. The less people of the media that knew of her, the better.

So, she decided to go to Shiketsu High.