Licensing Exam

Before we even knew it, the day of the exam was here. I haven't gotten a lot of sleep because nightmares were haunting me. It was just an irrational fear. But still hella fucking annoying.

I was leaning on Shoto for support because my legs fell asleep in the bus. My hero costume was in my other hand. Finally, I stood upright but my feet hand pins and needles. "Uugghh I'm getting kind of nervous." Kyoka sighed. I walked closer to dad. "Dad. I'm tired." I said to him. "Me too." he retorted with a glare. I sighed and stood next to Shoto again. He placed his hand on my shoulder in a comforting way and I smiled at him.

"If you could pass this test and get your provisional licenses, then you eggs will hatch into chicks. You'll be semi-pro's. I expect your best." Dad said.

'Oh no.' I thought as I got a shiver down my spine. I could just feel his stupidity near me. Suddenly I was engulfed in a hug and I was about a foot in the air. "Hi, Yoarashi." I said, knowing the familiar bear hug. "Aizawa! Hello!" he said obnoxiously. I could see Shoto staring at us. "That's enough." I said sternly and Yoarashi put me down. Shoto gently grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer to him, wrapping his hand around my waist.

"You know it's pretty rude to go and startle a girl like that, Inasa." a boy with purple hair over his eye said. "What? Pardon me." Yoarashi started bowing. I winced when his head hit the ground. "I am so very extremely sorry!" he shouted. "Yeah, whatever. Just stop harassing my classmates." I said calmly. Yoarashi lifted his head and walked away.

"Inasa Yoarashi." Dad said. "Do you know that guy, Mr Aizawa?" Toru asked. "Not personally, but I do." I answered before dad could. "He's strong. He rivals me  when it comes to physical quirk tests. We had a physical exam at Shiketsu and he scored one point higher than me. He turned UA down and went to Shiketsu, I met him at the recommendation exam." I explained.

"Eraser?" both dad and I flinched at the cheery voice. "I'd know that scowl anywhere." She said. On instinct, I walked closer to my dad. "I saw you on TV and at the sports festival but it's been a awhile since we were this close in person." She smiled. I stood right next to dad. "Let's get married." "No." Dad and I replied in unison. She burst out laughing but both Dad and I kept our scowls on our faces. "As usual, you're impossible, Joke." Dad said monotonously. "C'mon, imagine it! If I was your wife, you'd have a life full of constant laughter!" Joke cheered. "That sounds like an actual nightmare." Dad retorted. Joke just laughed again. "So loud." I muttered and tried walking away to hide from Joke. She grabbed my wist and bombarded me with jokes and questions.

"Over here, everyone. This is UA." She called her class over. "More people?" I tiredly questioned as I saw dad give me an evil smirk. I glared at him in response. I wiggled myself out of her grip and stood next to Kyoka. I pretty much just zoned out when some guy greeted the class. Suddenly, someone took both of my hands. "You guys are all awesome." he complimented. "Don't. Touch. Me." I growled. He quickly let go of my hands and backed away from me.

"Aizawa and Bakugou, it must have been hard for you, you know with that whole kidnapping thing, right?" he asked. I hardened my glare on him. "Hey, Todoroki." a female voice said. I instantly looked in that direction. "Can I have your autograph? You were so cool at the sports festival!" some blonde girl said to him. That's it. I looked back to Joke. "Joke, if you don't get your class away from mine right now." I muttered angrily. Dad must have noticed. "Hey, get your costumes and head to orientation. There's no time to waste." he said. I sighed and went inside while my egotistical classmates were being stupid and acting like celebrities. Idiots.

I was finally changed into my costume and we were all standing in this huge auditorium with at least a thousand other people. We heard a groan. "Okay then. Let's do this exam thing. I'm from.. uh, the Heroes Public Safety commission. Ugh. About this license thing, basically one thousand five hundred and forty examinees compete in a free for all exercise or whatever we're calling it." the tired man at the podium explained shortly. "That's not a lot of info, my guy." I said quietly. "the first 100 students who pass the requirements will pass today." he said. "Oh fuck. That's not a lot." I muttered.