half n' half

After we got to Endeavor's agency, we were showed to his office. Mikina was still a bit shaken up about the attack but I was chilled. It's not that big of a deal. We didn't het hurt, except for the massive cut on my cheek but it'll heal. And besides, if it scars, it will look kinda cool.

Once we sat down, Fire guy existed the room to call my father. It wasn't the first time I've met him. My dad has worked on a handful of cases with him and a few other heroes. But I've never actually met him. Like his family and the man he is outside of work.

I can't exactly picture him as this big family man with a big heart and awesome bear-hugs. No.. His eyes tell a different story. A story of pain he, himself, inflicted. A story of a lot of tears, fear, anger and rejection. But its kinda socially unacceptable to ask about shit like that.

"Aizawa." I heard from the left of me. I looked up aaannnddd.. surprise, surprise, it's the flaming dog turd. "What's up?" I answered. "Your father will be here in about an hour, so get comfortable." He said in his rude-ass voice. I only nodded.

A few minutes passed and I realized that I had to go pee. And there was a bit of dirt on my face from the attack. I stood up and walked to Endeavor's desk where he was doing some paperwork. "Yo, big E." I said and he looked up. "You got a restroom? I have dirt on my face." I said. He sighed and stood up and walked to a door to the left of him. He opened the door and said, "Shoto, show Aizawa to the ladies restroom." Then a boy who looked my age walked out.

He was wearing a white shirt on with a blue flannel over it and the sleeves were rolled up. He also had some light blue jeans on and navy blue converse. Then he just walked past me and slightly gestured for me to follow.

We walked in comfortable silence for about a minute until I decided to strike up a conversation with the boy with bi-coloured hair. "So, uh," I started, "Todoroki." He said. His voice was deep, not as deep as the big flaming hot sauce bottle, but almost there. "Okay, Todoroki, what are you doing at Endeavor's agency?" I asked with my tired voice. "Homework." He simply answered. "What about you?" "Oh, my friend and I were caught up in an attack, so the flaming chicken nug- I mean Endeavor called my dad to come pick us up." I answered and sighed. He hummed as if he was saying 'cool'.

"Here we are. I trust you'll find your way back?" He said monotonly. "Yeah, thanks" I answered. And then he walked away.

After I was done, I made my way back to the walking candle's office. When I arrived, it looked as if Mikina got a bit of the colour in her face back, indicating that she felt a bit better. I sat down next to her and rubbed her back to calm her nerves a bit. "Hey, it's over. They arrested the villain. Were okay." I reassured her. "Yeah, I know, but," she sighed, "I was useless. In fact, I just weighed you down. I just made everything harder for you." She stated with a shaky voice.

"No you didn't." I protested, "I'm not saying that you're weak, Miki, but I've been training to protect you and other civilians since I was eight. I handled it untill the pro's showed up. The hard part was not using my quirk, and that's it. No more, no less." She wanted to protest, but she got the message and hugged me.

After that, she was back to her cheery, bubbly self. She started planning the next Musutafu visit, minus the villain attack, of course. She talked about plans and such until Dadzawa showed up.

He was speaking with Flaming pickle-head when I noticed him. I had been so focused on Mikina that I didn't see him come in. After he was finished thanking Fugly Fire, he walked to us and engulfed us in a big bone-crushing bear hug. "Thank god you two are okay." He said tiredly.

I know he was happy but, emphasis on the 'but', he is sooo gonna scold us. And I was right, he gently let us go and turned to me. 'here it comes.' Then he activated his quirk and swiftly wrapped his scarf around me. "You idiot! Do you know the danger that Mikina was in? What would I have told her mother if something had happened to her?!" He angrily stated.

"I know, but there was nothing else I could do, we were cornered." I calmly defended. He sighed and put me down. Then he turned to me."Did you use your quirk?" He skeptically asked. "No, I only dodged the villain's attacks." I answered his question. He eyed me, then my arms and said, "C'mon, you two, let's go home." We happily agreed, took our bags and went on our merry way.

On the way back home, I couldn't help but think about Todoroki, the boy with the red and white hair. 'He's nice' I thought to myself and a small smile appeared on my face. But then something else popped into my head. 'his eyes...' his heterochromatic eyes held hatred and rejection. I knew it wasn't me, he didn't look at me with anger or hate, but he hates something... or someone. 'Maybe Endeavor? I mean, I dislike him too, but I don't know what half n' half's life story is. Whatever or whoever it is that he hates, it will be hard to forgive it or them.' I thought.

When we got back in Hosu, we went to Mikina's house first to drop her off. After that I could go get het bags and stuff and go give it to her.

"Oh honeybun! Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Mrs. Satoura interrogated Mikina while giving her I big hug. I felt bad that Mikina got caught up in the attack, so I decided to speak up. "Mrs. Satoura," I started. I stepped slightly forward and deeply bowed to her. "I deeply apologize. Mikina almost got hurt out there. I almost failed at protecting her. I'm so sorry." It was silent for a moment. I think everyone was surprised at my sudden action, even Dad. "Y/N.." Mrs. Satoura said. "Raise your head." She commanded. And so I did. When I was standing up straight, she smacked me over the head. "Two things that I have told you in the past." She started, "One, never apologize for something that isn't your fault." She hugged me. "And two, call me Aunty Akari." Then she let go of me and turned to my dad. "Shota, thanks to your daughter, my child is safe and unscathed." My dad only nodded to show his thanks. "Y/N, let's go home" he said. We waved to the Satoura duo and went home.

Once we got home, my dad said something, "There's a hero gala thing in two days." "But you never go to those things" I stated." I know, but Hizashi asked me to be his date." He said with a small smile. I'm happy that he's moving on from my mom, it isn't healthy to live in the past. She passed, we accepted that.

"He finally asked you, huh?" I said with a toothy grin. "Yeah, you're okay with that right?" He asked calmly. "Of Course I am. I like Zashi, he's nice." I answered. Dad hummed in agreement.

I went upstairs afterwards to shower and sleep. I had a long day, and a bit of the poison from the porcupine villain was still in my system.