Mama Rei

Hi friends! Updates are going to be slower because of school and stuff.. I have my third term exams next week and the week after, so I'll rarely update. Sorry!

A few weeks had passed since. We did an awesome performance at the school festival. I guess it might be pretty obvious that I was on the dance team. November was nearing it's end and dad announced that Eri was officially going to live at UA.

"Awesome! We can have sleepovers and watch movies!" I smiled at her as I was playing with her hair. "Really? That sounds fun.. But.. What's a sleepover?" Eri asked. "You don't know what a sleepover is?" Mina questioned. Eri shook her head in response.

"Well, it's when really good friends or family visit each other for a night and do fun stuff together." I informed, finishing the aquamarine bow in her hair.

"Woah! That sounds really fun, N/N!" she smiled happily and hugged me. Oh, did I forget to mention that Eri learned how to smile? Oops. Yeah, Eri learned how to smile.

"Hey, Y/N? Can I speak to you for a moment?" Shoto asked as Eri was squeezing the life out of me. "Sure thing."

We walked outside and stood on the dorm porch. "What's up, bub?" I asked, shoving my hands into my sweat ants pockets and sloughing a bit. "I want you to meet my mom." he said bluntly. I froze 'Whatdidhesayy?' "Pardon?" I choked on my saliva. "Well, I've met both your dads, and unfortunately, you've met my father. So I thought that you would want to meet my mom too." he clarified.

"That sounds nice, Shoto, but we need permission to go off campus. A-and how would we know if your mom would really want to meet me?" I stated awkwardly. Shoto laughed a bit. "It'll be fine. I've already asked your dad- uh, the tired one- for permission to go off campus. He said that it would be fine as long as you have your license with you and we should take miss Midnight with us." he said.

I nodded in response and he hugged me tightly.

It was the next day and I just finished getting ready. My outfit was toned down a little bit, since I want to make an okay impression on Mrs Todoroki. It was a plain black pleated mini skirt with some black stockings, a black turtleneck with a black coat and some black platform high top converse.

My hair was just down and a bit fluffy, like usual and I wore a winged eyeliner with some purple blended out under my eyes, nothing major

I went downstairs and met with Shoto and Nemuri. Shoto was wearing a dark blue button up shirt with some black slacks and black converse whereas Nemuri was wearing a long fitted black dress and a leather jacket.

"Thank god you're not wearing your hero costume, Nem." I stated as I approached them. "That's rude. Anyway. I'm just driving you two there and picking you up. You can text me to come get you when you're done." she said and twirled the car key around her finger. We nodded and went to the car.

After the short ride there, we got out. "Oh, Y/N! Don't tell your dad that I'm leaving you two here! Bye!" she yelled and sped off. "That was.. Weird." I sweatdropped and turned around to walk in with Shoto.

He gently took my hand and intertwined our fingers. We reached the fro t desk. "We're here to visit Mrs Rei Todoroki." he stated monotonous to the blonde lady. She typed some things on the computer and said, "You two can go through."

We nodded and headed down the hallway.

We reached a door and I hid slightly behind shoto as he slid it open. "Hello, Mom." he greeted. "Shoto, its good to see you." her voice was soft and angelic, now I see where Sho gets it. I peeked over Shoto's shoulder to see her.

She was very beautiful. Long silky white hair that rested just under her shoulder blades and  bangs that covered a bit of her face. She had steel grey eyes and was wearing a light brown sweater over a light blue button up shirt.

We made eye contact and I hid behind him again. "Shoto, who's that behind you." she asked him. He looked over his shoulder at me and stepped to the side to reveal me. "Mom, this is my girlfriend, Y/N." he stated and pulled me slightly forward. "Hello, Mrs Todoroki. I'm Y/N Aizawa. It's a pleasure to meet you." I said politely with a small, kinda nervous smile. "The pleasure is all mine. And please call me Rei." she smiled kindly at me.

Shoto and I sat down on the two chairs across from Rei. "So, Y/N. What is your quirk?" she asked me, intrigued. I pulled my sleeve back and released a chain from my arm. "I can basically shoot chains from my arms." I stated while making it dance around. "That's a very useful skill you have. Do you favor restraining your opponents while in combat?"

I retracted my chain and pulled my sleeve down a bit. "I do, but I have a limit of how many I can send out. Also, my chains can get blocked by certain quirks. Like Sho's ice. So I like to focus on hand to hand combat for close range. And I cancel out quirks using my chains when I fight to make my work a bit easier." I replied calmly. 'did I talk too much?' I thought to myself while cringing a bit. "Canceling out quirks? That's impressive." she noted.

"Thank you." I smiled.

After a bit of conversing, I got a text message.
"Excuse me, I have to check this really quick." I said sheepishly while holding up my phone. "It's quite alright, sweetie." Rei told me. I nodded and unlocked my phone.

Dadzawa

I know you're out with Shoto, but
I need you to come home within
the next hour. It's almost curfew.

K thanks papa
Love you❤️

Love you too gremlin❤️

I showed Shoto the text message and he nodded. "Half an hour longer?" he asked, his eyes shining with childlike excitement. I couldn't help but blush a little. "Half an hour longer." I replied. He smiled and continued talking to his mom.

Half an hour later, all three of us were already on our feet exchanging goodbyes. "Bye Mom. I'll come visit as soon as I can again." Shoto said while hugging Rei's small frame in his arms. "Bye, Shoto. Take care of your girlfriend." she teased but there was a slight sternness in her tone. "I will." he replied.

When they let go she turned to me and embraced me. She had that soft motherly touch that I hadn't felt since I was six years old. It was always me, Dad, Zashi and Nem. None of them was a motherly figure per say. Nemuri was always just the cool aunt. And even thought dad gave awesome hugs and reassurance, he was... well.. Dad.

"Thank you, Rei." I said softly. "You're welcome. make sure to take care of yourself and my son. I can tell you two really love each other." she said, gently tightening her hug. She let go and smiled at me. "Goodbye." I said .