Eri

Idhdhdk I published the wrong chapter besties shahahahah lemme go die of embarrassment bye

The next day marked the beginning of our workstudy with Nighteye.

I changed into my new Hero costume, in which I mainly just changed the pants and shoes, but I also added more utility bags to the belt since I got rid of the thigh belt.

So now, Me, Mirio, Midoriya and Bubblegirl were standing in front of Nighteye's desk, getting our daily schedule

"Today we will be doing patrols and surveillance. We'll split up into two teams, I'll be with Bubblegirl. Mirio you'll be with Midoriya and Aizawa." Sir explained. "Surveillance?" Deku asked under his breath. "Nighteye agency is currently working on a secret investigation." Bubblegirl explained. "Shie Hassaikai is a small organized crimes indicate." Sir said and turned his file around, showing us the info. "That's Kai Chisaki. As the young head of the group, he's at second in command. And he's been behaving strangely lately." he adjusted his glasses. "That plague mask is his trademark." "Creepy." Midoriya shivered a bit. "I thought there wasn't much trouble with organized crime these days since the police know who they are and monitor their movements." I claimed. "It's been that way since the big groups broke up, but this Chisaki guy is gathering them together again and we don't know why. The details are unclear but we do know that he made contact with the League Of Villains recently." Bubble girl replied. "But we don't have concrete proof that links him up to something criminal yet, Hassaikai runs an illegal grey area that's close to black. But we can't classify them as villains. Our objective is to tail them and find out what they're up to. Be careful not to arouse any suspicion." Sir added as he closed the file and put it in his desk drawer. "Yes Sir." we all replied in unison.

We went out on patrol. Mirio stood in the middle of Midoriya and I. "This is super nerve racking." Midoriya stated. "Ugh I know, right. I hate people." I replied with a huff. "No, no it's not that, it's just... Nevermind." Midoriya sighed and I slouched and shoved my hands into my pockets. "Oh, yeah. You want to be a rogue. I forgot haha!" Mirio laughed. "Wait, Aizawa, you want to be a rogue? That probably explains your dark costume and the fact that you don't want to be out in the open like this." Deku said. I only nodded in response.

"Hey, I forgot something. Our hero names, we should know each other's." Mirio said to us. I looked up and shrugged. "Oh, yeah totally. I'm Deku." Midoriya said proudly. "Deku? Like deck? That's weird." Mirio sweatdropped. "I like it." the broccoli boy replied. "Kay well I'm Lemillion. For the number of people I'll save. What about you, Y/N?" Mirio looked to me. "Erasure Chain." I said blandly. "That sounds cool." Lemillion smiled.

We continued patrolling after our little introductions. I heard some footsteps come from an Alleyway. I stopped I front of it and saw a small girl, looked to be around five or six running toward me. She wasn't looking where she was going so she ran straight into me, falling down after. I quickly caught her with my hand and put her on her feet. She was trembling.

"Hi, are you okay?" I said, keeping my voice gentle and soothing. Midoriya crouched down next to me and the girl looked up at me. "You should be more careful." a voice said from the alley. By instinct, I took Midoriya's hood and shoved it over his face. I looked up to see none other than Chisaki. "We don't want to cause trouble for the heroes." he said to the small girl. I felt Midoriya stiffen beside me but I kept my body language as relaxed as possible. The girl looked anxious as well and her body was covered in bandages.

"I hope you forgive my daughter, hero. I don't know what to do with her. Always playing rough, bumping into things." Chisaki said lightheartedly, but I could feel the anger and hatred emanating from him. I smiled as best I could, "It's quite alright. I was the same way when I was young." I said. Mirio stepped forward, "I'm so sorry about that, it was our fault too." I silently thanked him in my brain, thank All Might that he was getting Chisaki's attention away from Midoriya. "Hey, I know that mask. You are from the Hassaikai, right? You guys are famous around here." Mirio smiled. "Yeah, please don't mind the mask. It keeps out the filth. I don't believe I've seen you three in the area before." Chisaki said. I calmly stood up. "Yeah, we're a bit new but you probably already guessed that much." I said with a faint smile, careful not to mention Sir's name. "Welp, on your feet, my friend. You can't patrol from down there." Mirio chuckled at Deku. "So, what agency to you belong to?" Chisaki asked, I let Mirio answer this one. "Were only students! Far to lowly to be climbing association with an agency. We're just using our internships to gain some experience." my blonde friend said. "Speaking of which, we need to finish patrolling this division by lunch. Cmon, let's go." he said to Deku and I.

I tried to walk, but the young girl's grip on my hand tightened. "Please don't go.." She mumbled. Her voice sounded so defeated and broken. I saw Midoriya's eyes widen. "I'm sorry, but your daughter seems scared." he said. I had to resist the urge to strangle him right then and there.

Chisaki's eyes narrowed. "A reaction to being scolded." he said. I saw tears prick the girl's eyes. "But she has bandages all over, those are just from playing rough?" Midoriya was just making him more suspicious. "Well, Eri's just an exceptionally clumsy girl." Chisaki claimed. "Her whole body is shaking but she's not making a sound. Does that seem normal to you?" Midoriya said, sounding slightly angry. "It's dangerous to assume what's normal for other people." Chisaki also sounded angry. "Yeah, everybody's different right?" I said, keeping myself cool and composed. "Tell me, what are you doing to this girl?" Deku questioned. 'FUCKING HELL, MIDORIYA!' Is what I wanted to scream, but I didn't.

Chisaki sighed, "You heroes really pick up in the subtlest things, don't you? This situation is... embarrassing, let's discuss it where we won't be overheard." I picked Eri up and nodded to the two boys. I walked into the alley behind Mirio and Midoriya. "Hard to admit that you can't control your own child, but lately, Eri defies me no matter what I try." Chisaki began. I gently rubbed circles on the trembling girl's back as she held on to me for dear life. "Don't worry, I'll save you." I whispered quietly, making sure that only Eri could hear me.

"Parenting, it must be hard." Mirio beamed. "Yeah," Chisaki said and slightly tugged on his glove, making Eri flinch and jump out of my arms. Then she ran to him. "Oh, good. Done with your temper tantrum?" he asked her. The blue haired girl only nodded in response to his question and started to walk away with him. Midoriya looked unsure if we should let the girl go, but I placed my arm in front of him, making sure he couldn't run after them.

"We can't. Didn't you notice?" I said as Midoriya looked dumbfounded. "He was ready to get violent, that's why she went back." Mirio added before I could. "If we keep prying, he's gonna be harder to catch. For now, let's report to sir." I said and looked him sternly in the eye.

We finished patrolling and headed to a meeting point after that encounter.

"Sorry, it was a total Oops. I mean, what are the odds of running into a target on the street like that." Mirio scratched the back of his neck. "No, I must accept responsibility. I should have used foresight on you too. It's my fault." Sir apologized. "I'm just glad you guys are okay. You could have been in real danger if he suspected something." Bubblegirl sighed and I nodded in agreement. "Oh, and our encounter got us some new Intel. Chisaki has a daughter." I said. "A daughter?" I nodded. "A little girl, looked to be around five or six. She was wrapped up in bandages. Long baby blue hair, red eyes and a horn on the right side of her forehead." I described her as best I could. "Thank you, Aizawa." Sir said calmly. "We have asked other agencies to team up with us. We must first predict our opponent's moves and then make preparations to face him. Good intentions alone aren't enough to save the world. The wisest villains wait in the shadows. In order to capture them, we must watch and wait. The three of you should probably head into the office for the rest of the day, Bubblegirl, let's go." Nighteye said.

I will save her.