The Exam

The week passed super quickly and and before I knew it, it was Friday. Also known as recommendation exam day for Shiketsu.

I decided to wear some comfortable workout clothes for the exam. I was wearing a F/C racer-back tank top and some black work out leggings with black low-top old skool vans. It was cold out, but I didn't give a shit.

While walking through the hallways of Shiketsu, I was mentally preparing myself to think on my feet and make quick decisions. I was so lost in thought that I didn't notice the giant standing in the hallway. I accidentally bumped into him and stumbled back a bit. I looked up at him and realized that he didn't even flinch. "Oh- uh- pardon." I said monotonously . He turned around and bowed with his head on the floor. I was startled at his action. "NO I'M SORRY!" He obnoxiously yelled and I sweatdropped. "No, seriously, I should have walked around you." I said and slightly bowed. He stood up straight. "I'm Inasa Yoarashi!" He stated loudly. "Y/N Aizawa, nice to meet you, Yoarashi." I said tiredly. "Nice to meet you too Aizawa!" He yelled.

I started to walk away to the exam-room and he started to follow me. I glanced at him and said, "So you're taking the recommendation exam as well?" He excitedly yet aggressively nodded. We walked to the exam-room with him talking about his favorite heroes and I kind of listened but kind of didn't.

We walked into the exam room and there were pro heroes- also known as our future teachers- there. I noticed the pro hero known as 'Seek' there. She is one of my Mom's old work friends. She visited us semi-often because she and my dad were also friends. I walked up to her. When she noticed me, she engulfed me in a bear hug. "Y/N! YOU'RE HERE!" She cheered.

*gasp*
"Look how big you've gotten!"
"You look just like your father!"
"Charles and I recommended you here!"
"Look at these scars! Is Eraser pushing you too far!?"
"I'm so glad you're enrolling in Shiketsu!"
"You-"

"Sami." I cut her off

"What?"

"I can't breathe."I wheezed.

"Oh! Sorry!" She apologized and put me down. I took a deep breath. 'Jeez, what is it with loud people? Why do they screech in my ears?' I thought to myself.

"It's hard to think that you're a stealthy rogue when you're this loud" I said with my usual monotone voice. "Yeah, yeah, whatever mini-Shota." She said in a cheery tone. I only glared at her and walked away.

I stood next to Yoarashi and about three seconds later I heard three claps followed by the principal's voice saying, "Okay, recommendation exam candidates, we'll be starting the recommendation exam in ten minutes.

He went on to explain how it is a race of 400 metres, and it also had obstacles. Which meant that I had places to wrap my chains around.

Myself and 10 other candidates stood behind a starting line. I observed that there were poles next to the racing track. Each about 10 - 15 metres apart from each other. I figured that I could avoid the obstacles and stay at the edge of the track. I had to retract and shoot out my chains as fast as I can, so that I can come in first place.

"Everybody get into position!" I heard Sami say. I bent down a bit, moved my arms a away from my body and bent them a little. I heard a shot and knew that the race had started. I shot out a chain from my left arm, wrapped it around the first pole and retracted it as fast as I could. While in the air, I shot out a chain from my right and wrapped it around the next pole. As soon as I let go of the first pole I retracted my chain again. I really felt like a fictional American superhero called Spiderman. I continued shooting out and retracting my chains as fast as possible untill I got to the finishing line. I was in front but Yoarashi was just on my tail. He was really fast if he could keep up with me this well.

We were neck in neck about ten metres before the finishing line. I decided to play smart and wrapped two chains around the finishing line's top pillar. I retracted so fast that I felt a small twinge of pain. I ended up beating him by 0.3 seconds. Which isn't a lot.

I came first and he came second. After, the top three recommendation candidates had to go to the school office to collect our acceptance letters. The top three were me, Yoarashi and this girl named Yuki Hizaru.

The lady at the office said that we could come to get our uniforms on Monday. Hosu was luckily somewhat near Tokyo, where Shiketsu was located, so I didn't have a very long train ride.

When I got home, dad was still at U.A giving classes. I went up to my room and took a nice long shower while jamming out to some Linkin Park.

When I got out, I asked Mikina for the homework, and did it. An hour later I was done and decided to chill for a bit

Unknown

Hello

Hi?
Who is this?

Oh, it's Shoto.

Oh, heya
What's up?

I was wondering if you would like to have some coffee and train after?

Oh sure!
When?

Maybe on sunday?

Sounds good.
Where do we meet up?

Maybe my father's agency?
There's a training room there.

Great. See you on sunday!

See you.

I put my phone down when I heard keys jiggle in the front door. Dad's home. I got up from my bed and went downstairs to say 'hello'. I hadn't opened my acceptance letter yet because I wanted to open it with him. I basically leaped down the stairs and into his arms to hug him tightly.

"Hey dadzawa!" I said happily. "Hey, Gremlin." He greeted tiredly. I let go and stepped back. I showed him the envelope. A smile appeared on his face and he asked, "did you open it?" I shook my head 'no.'

He lead me to the couch and sat down. "You open it." He said as I sat down, envelope in hand. I nodded and ripped it open. I took out and started reading

Y/N Aizawa,

We are very happy to inform you that you have been accepted into Shiketsu High School.

You are placed in class 1-A together with 23 other students. Two of which also from the recommendation exam. The 21 other students will be from the entrance exam.

Sencerely,
Shiketsu.

I finished reading and turned to dad, "I'm in class 1-A." I said a smile on my face. He hugged me and said, "I knew you'd make it." I hugged him tighter. Just as I was about to get up dad said my name. I looked at him, basically a question mark on my face. "I need help with a case." He said seriously. I nodded and sat back down. "What's the situation?" I asked. He sighed "A homicide. Three people at the same time." He said. "May I see the documents?" I asked and he slid me a file. I opened it and read through it. "Any suspects?" I asked. "None." He replied monotonly.

My mother worked as a detective before she died. A damned good one at that. Her puzzle solving genetics were passed down to me. Dad had asked me to help him before, and he cracked the case quicker because of that.

I looked through the documents more thoroughly and noticed a connection between all of the victims. All were connected to heroes and all of their throats were slit, as well as three stabs to the chest in a row.

"Okay, I think I might know who it is." I said. "Good. We're going to Musutafu tomorrow." I nodded and got up to go upstairs. "Oh, and dad," I said and he looked over. "I'm hanging out with a friend on sunday." I said and walked upstairs. "Don't be out too late, okay?" He said.