Part VI...

Game of Thrones Tales: Back to the Throne Room…

Summary: There's only one solution when Tyrion and Sansa have found the new King as mad as the Mad Targaryen and cynically evil, once on the throne, as Joffrey. So evil he's happily allowed the world to be invaded by unspeakably hideous creatures from some little planet out on the spiral rim of the Galaxy, to secure his reign of terror.

Part VI…

"What did Pycelle want?" Sansa eyed Tyrion on his return as they stood outside the dining hall awaiting a carriage back to their residence.

"As always, to prove his air of frailty and doddering masks the cleverest man in the room." Tyrion shrugged. "I'd say the council is still undecided on that."

"Lord Hand…" Aegon had come in a rush, outpacing his anxious guard to reach them… "I'll wish to speak with you about some critical matters tomorrow morning, before our small Council, say at eight."

"Majesty…" Tyrion bowed.

"Lady…" Aegon turned to Sansa. "You were the most beautiful ornament of the evening, but for my dear Queen. Congratulations, my dear." He kissed her nervous hand.

"Thanks to your Grace…" she nodded.

"See that your husband manages to wake in time. I count on seeing him at eight. Good night to you both…" smile and flourish…As the Kingsguard anxiously took positions round him.

"The new treaty…?" Sansa hissed as they watched the doors close in on Aegon as he returned to the hall.

"Without a doubt…" Tyrion nodded. "It must be quite a concession he's made…" sigh. "And naturally he was persuaded to do it himself without any review or support from us. I imagine the Senator arranged that, he's very good at manipulating Aegon."

"He gets worse all the time, doesn't he?" Sansa, anxiously.

"He does…" Tyrion…Then seeing her worried face… "But, he's no Joffrey, don't worry Sans… He has to act within the Charter, even the Dirters approve of that, for now. They have their set of rules, after all."

"So long as they get what they want at no cost…" Sansa noted. "If the day comes we deny them…Like Stannis did…"

"Stannis died a brave man but also a bellowing fool…" Tyrion sighed. "He had courage but that kind of courage was useless in the face of their weapons and what was worse, he took both good people we needed and innocent people who never sought such a death with him."

"You don't need to lie to me, Tyrion…" Sansa frowned. "I know what Aegon is, even if he conceals it better than Joffrey ever could…And I know the Occupiers won't waste a moment on moral niceties if their own interests are threatened. I saw Storm's End and Kings' Landing and Penthos after They got through with them. I know what They are, even if I work for them in some ways and with them and even like a few of them as people. Don't try to paint me a safe and secure world that we both know doesn't exist and never has. All I ask…" she put hand on his arm… "Is that you're honest with me, give me some chance to work with you, and stay with me and love me as long as you can, till you can't. And you know not a few people who'd claim that was more than you deserve." Grin. "Though not me. Not ever. To me, you deserve more than I can ever hope to give."

Music reached them, unfamiliar Dirter music from the soldiers' barracks down the road…

"Do you hear that?" Sansa smiled. "Something about…Love?" he eyed her, having difficulty with the Dirter singer's voice.

"'We found love in a hopeless place…'" she quoted to him.

The carriage pulled up…

"How'd I ever manage to find you in all this…Madness?" Tyrion eyed her as the driver climbed down to open the carriage door.