Game of Thrones-Back to the Throne Room...Part XXXIV

Game of Thrones Tales: Back to the Throne Room...

Summary: There's only one solution when Tyrion and Sansa have found the new King as mad as the Mad Targaryen and cynically evil, once on the throne, as Joffrey. So evil he's happily allowed the world to be invaded by unspeakably hideous creatures from some little planet out on the spiral rim of the Galaxy, to secure his reign of terror.

Part XXXIV...

Arya, seated in the kitchen of Mistress Hanuk's farmhouse, listening carefully to Hanuk's and Pie's account of the Dirter's, Dr. Sinclair, odd and brief visit.

"So he wanted me to let Jon know he'd come to warn him..." Arya noted, eyeing the two. Hanuk nodding.

"Ay, so he did, didn't he, Master Pie?"

Pault, seated at the kitchen table, sipping at a mug of root tea, nodding in agreement. "He did. Why do you think he's gone looking for your brother if he were up at the Wall with him already? He must have known Jon'd be returning soon."

"Unless he thinks the Commander Stark is not to return..." Hanuk, thoughtfully. "More tea, Master Pie?" Pie shaking head.

"According to my brother, he returns tomorrow." Arya shrugged. "Perhaps the man simply had to leave for the capital...He might be returning to E'arth shortly or something like that."

"It seems very urgent..." Hanuk, troubled look. "Could Commander Stark be in such danger? I mean, if a Dirter takes such care to reach him quickly."

"I can't see why unless that bandit from the Far North is making trouble." Arya shook head. "A shame he couldn't wait to speak with me."

"He seemed in quite a hurry. And he did say he did not wish to put us in trouble." Hanuk, glancing to Pie for support.

"Aye." Pie agreed. "He did say that."

"What danger could he have been putting us at risk for?" Hanuk shook her head. "Surely he'd have little reason to fear unless...." Pause.

"Either he's unable to reach his people or he's not sitting well with them." Arya, calmly. "Perhaps both. But what that would have to do with my brother...?"

"Should you send word to him, my Lady?" Hanuk asked. "Or go to him before he leaves for the Wall?"

Arya, regarding her, nodding. "I'd likely not catch him but I can send word there and to the Wall. Pault?" she turned to him. "You could find someone to send North in town, couldn't you? You could offer him a piece of our remainin' gold, maybe?"

Hmmn...Pault considered, nodding finally.

So, I don't have to go to the Wall...Or I'm to miss the chance...Depending on your point of view...

"Certainly, my Lady..."

"Pault." Frown.

"Arya." Sheepish look.

She grinned at Hanuk who smiled wanly back...

"Tis a new world, my Lady."

"Aye. And some of us need to learn that." Arya mock-frown to Pault.

"Well, Master Pie. tell anyone who will go, there's some eggs or a chicken for him here as well." Hanuk urged to Pie.

"Thank ye, Mistress." Arya nodded.

"What about sending to Commander Stark at the Keep?" Pie asked. "Shall I go, after I find another to go to the Wall?"

"Well..." Arya hesitated. "If you wouldn't mind...Though I should probably go meself. Especially if it's too late to reach him. I'd not like to send you on a goose chase, he may have moved on before heading back."