Game of Thrones Tales: Back to the Throne Room... Part XXIV

Summary: There's only one solution when Tyrion and Sansa have found the new King as mad as the Mad Targaryen and cynically evil, once on the throne, as Joffrey. So evil he's happily allowed the world to be invaded by unspeakably hideous creatures from some little planet out on the spiral rim of the Galaxy, to secure his reign of terror.

Part XXIV...

Arya, solemnly earnest look to a startled "Mistress Hanuk" as they sat in the kitchen of the farmhouse... Pault standing, reasonably solemn, watching the two...

"So, Master Snow having confirmed the death of my protector in these parts, my uncle's bannerman Lord Trager, and Pault hearing, likewise in town, that my brother was South of the Wall, touring the old keeps..." Arya shrugged. "I thought it was best time I told you the truth, Mistress Hanuk."

"You are Lady Stark? Lady Arya Stark of Winterfell? Lord Edduard's daughter?" Hanuk blinked at her. "And you, Master Pie? A Stark as well?"

"No, Mistress...Just milady's faithful friend and..."

"My good friend...And betrothed." Arya cut in... "Please understand we meant no disrespect or distrust to you. Only that I have learnt caution over these years in exile."

Bewhats? Pie stared...To Arya's slight smile.

Which turned a bit disturbed at his not moving beyond said startle...

Pault...? What, a Stark not good enough for ye? Prefers you a certain hot young tavern wench/spy?

"I see..." sigh by Hanuk calling Arya back from the jealous depths. "My lady..." Deep curtsy. "I am so ashamed your Ladyship was but poorly entertained here, my family being in Tully service as fief-holders for so many years."

"It was far more than anyone could expect and so generously kind..." Arya shook head.

Be...Pie still trying to recover.

"Master Pie seems a bit breathless...Is your betrothal such news as that to him?" Hanuk, teasing smile.

Arya eyed her with friendly smile, launching Pie a mock-pouting look. "Pault, it's high time you be accepting my proposal properly."

Hanuk, merrily now... "Do, Master Pie...The lady being unspoken for."

And whiles you are very good, there be your first true slip, Madame Dirter... No Westrosian outside the Court would've accepted such a pronouncement so quietly and calmly. Times have not changed that fast that it would go without comment. She should've at least been tryin' hard to seem nonchalant about it.

But you be merely amused by the antics of the savages you've lived with...Aping your own claims to equality, absorbing your high-blown talk that always seems to count for little when your kind want what others have.

"And now you will go, to seek Lord Stark, your brother?" honestly curious, open look.

"I want to try and meet with him, yes. If the surprise isn't what finally does kill poor Jon." Smile.

Pie, enough...She gave a quick glance at the still stunned-looking Pie. Gods know you should have known this was coming either like this or between us, I don't sleep with a man I've no interest in.

"Come, Pie, it's secret no longer. Mistress Hanuk is a kind woman and judges not. Keep your worries for my family." Light tease...

Pie, still a bit dazed, took seat.

Ah, a clever trick, yes...That must be it...

Gods almightly...Her family.

Arya and the gods forgive me but praise be there's not so much of it left and what there is is too young, crippled, a former bastard of Ned Stark's or the Targaryen's vowed to life at the Wall, or married to Tyrion Lannister, to have much to say.