Game of Thrones Tales: Back to the Throne Room... Part XIII

Summary: There's only one solution when Tyrion and Sansa have found the new King as mad as the Mad Targaryen and cynically evil, once on the throne, as Joffrey. So evil he's happily allowed the world to be invaded by unspeakably hideous creatures from some little planet out on the spiral rim of the Galaxy, to secure his reign of terror.

Part XIII...

The Wall...

Drogon's chamber...

"So remarkable..." Sinclair eyed the rather content Drogon now eagerly accepting cooked meat from Jon's hand, and clearly relishing the gentle strokes of its head as it hovered just off the ground. "You know..." the Dirter smiled... "They have us scrambling back through Earth's early fossil records to see if there's anything to back up our old legends of such creatures' existence."

"Well, they're few enough even here, now..." Jon noted. "Hey, boy...Here..." he threw a large plush toy, in the vague shape of a wolf, a Dirter import into the air. Drogon happily rising to snatch and even more delighted to find it flying from him as he approached.

"He loves that thing, it was kind of the engin-eers studying the Wall here to make it for him." Jon smiled at Drogon now happily darting after the surprisingly fast-moving airborne toy.

"So his kind are mythical creatures on your worlds...Even yours?" he eyed the Dirter in his borrowed Watcher fur over Terran clothing...An open-necked in the form of a V, tunic of a sort of red wool over a brown colored tunic of light Terran cloth and grey trousers of a fairly light yet warm –looking material, no doubt supplemented by the remarkable small heating units the Terrans were able to place within clothing, and finally soft tan boots of a lightweight yet durable material, likewise heated within. Boots which Jon had to admit were far preferable to what had been standard issue for the Watch till the Dirters had offered supplies of them...He glancing down at his own.

Still one could bear partly frozen feet if that was the part of the price paid for freedom...

It being the rest of the likely bill that bothered the Watch Commander...

"We've had to re-evaluate those myths in light of their existence here, but yes. Though my world wasn't very advanced, life-wise, when we came from the Mother." Shrug by Sinclair.

"Of course if I understand what I've read of your worlds..." Jon, wan smile. "We're mostly mythical too...Knights, kings, great walls, Walkers."

"We've had them all but for the Walkers, at least on Earth." Sinclair nodded. "But they do form a large part of our myths and legends." He paused. "What'll happen to him?" he indicated Drogon.

"He'll stay here, we hope to allow him more chance to fly outside as he gets used to this as his home. One of your life philosophers...Bio...gists? Was speaking to us of using some sort of device to follow him as he flies, find a way to call him back for food and rest. He seemed sure it could be done."

"He's got to be quite a prize for the biology boys..." Sinclair quietly.

"They've examined him a lot. We nearly lost one fellow who tried to take his blood, but they seemed to have worked it out to get what they need in his sleep." Jon, carefully.

"That may not satisfy them, Jon...In the long run." Hard stare.

"The treaty of Kings' Landing states that our dragons remain the property of our people. What've you heard?" Jon, unable to keep a degree of anxiety out of his voice.

"I know how it worked on other worlds, other places..." Sinclair.

"That wouldn't be good for relations." Jon, managing to keep his tone calm and steady. "I think many here would resent it. They might doubt your government can be trusted to keep its treaties."