Game of Thrones-Back to The Throne Room...Part XXIX

Game of Thrones Tales: Back to the Throne Room...

Summary: There's only one solution when Tyrion and Sansa have found the new King as mad as the Mad Targaryen and cynically evil, once on the throne, as Joffrey. So evil he's happily allowed the world to be invaded by unspeakably hideous creatures from some little planet out on the spiral rim of the Galaxy, to secure his reign of terror.

Part XXIX...

Enroute on the completed section of the C-W autoroad to the Great Wall...

(Tune of the "Theme from Green Acres")

"Bar-dah-dah-da-da! Bar-dah-dah. Da-da! Have I got it?" Tyrion asked the Lieutenant who nervously assented as the three sat in the back of the car being towed to Castle Black by the repair truck.

"Bar-dah-dah-da-da! Da Da!" Sansa echoed, happily.

"The Great Wall is just the place to be...Watch living is the life for me. Frozen wastes spreadin' out so far and wide. Keep Kings' Landing, just gimme North countryside..." Tyrion.

"Kings' Landings' where I'd rather stay. I get allergic smelling frozen hay. I just adore our tower view. Tyrion I love you but gimme a boulevard view." Sansa, patting him fondly...

The hell I would...She whispered, nuzzling a bit on his neck.

We'll find a nice little place in Riverrun one day and you'll teach, we'll write dangerously socio-political satire and farm, he whispered back.

"Bar dah-da-da-da...Those chores... I can say that as I'd never have to do them." Tyrion beamed.

"The stores!" Sansa grinned.

The hell you will, she whispered back to Tyrion, nuzzling again. You're the one who could never leave the capital's intrigue and ale shops. You'll be commuting to your job saving this world. Both of us. The rest we do on the holiday days.

"You're my dear wife..." Tyrion, mock-stern...Eyeing her intently though...

Thanks be to the Gods...Whether I live or die horribly, he thought.

"Good-bye, city life!" Sansa, waving out window.

"The Great Wall, we're nearly there!" chorus. Mutual giggles.

"That was amazing, my Lady...My Lord. I didn't know 'Green Acres' was so popular here." The rather stunned Lieutenant eyed the beaming couple beside him.

"It's a nice way to practice your language..." Sansa, a bit sheepishly. "The theme songs from your programs are very helpful. I use them with many of my students, it's a relaxing way to practice." The Lieutenant nodding.

"Well, it's rather an amusing farce, really." Tyrion noted. "I find a lot of our folk tales in simple form in the show. And I do rather like that clever Mr. Haney."

"There is a sweet nobility in Mr. Douglass wanting to give up his privileged life in the great city. Is that city...The New York, I mean? Really so impressive?" Sansa asked.

"It is...And we've added to it a lot in the last couple of centuries since the 1960s." the Lieutenant noted. "My wife's from there."

"It must be a wonderful place..." Sansa mused. "The scrapers of the sky and all, the floating magrailways. I've seen more modern video and photographs of it. It seems to be all metal."

"Metal, glass, concrete, some biodegradable plastic these days. A little wood, mostly for fine design."

"Seems a bit overwhelming." Tyrion noted. "Even if I know from that film we saw that the Bronx is up and the Battery...Is that like the electric batteries you use? Is down."