The Old Sunshine

[Y/n POV]

I had just arrived at café, when I saw Jisoo unnie cleaning up the tables for the customers who will start coming anytime now. 

"Hello unnie. Good morning." I spoke, placing my bag on the counter.

"Hey Y/n. Cmon, give me a hug and a smile, cheer up." she said cheerfully, making me sigh. 

"Unnie, you know I'm not like that.. " I trailed off, making her sigh.

"I understand that.. but can't you be cheerful to your unnie?" she teased, making me chuckle. 

"Oh alright."

I then give her a tight hug, before letting out a few tears I was trying to hold in without letting her notice. What happened to me in the past had changed me. I used to be a cheerful girl, I don't think anyone can change me back to that same sunshine I used to be. 

[FLASHBACK]

[At College]

Y/n was crying her heart out at the rooftop. She couldn't get her heart to believe that her best friend had left the world. He's the only friend she had, and he died, all because she couldn't save him in time. All because she were too late. 

"I will always remember you Jaehyun-ah, please forgive me."

She uttered these words in mere whispers, looking at the sky as she let her tears fall.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

That was a memory, that would always stay in my heart. I was silently tearing up at the thought of all the memories I had with Jaehyun. He was such a good friend, and yet, I failed to save him. I failed to save the only person who made me happy.

Jisoo unnie suddenly spoke, making me snap out of my thoughts. I quickly wiped off my tears.

"Now cmon, we've to clean up, and get the coffee machines up and running."

I just nodded, and went up to the coffee machines and started plugging them in, adding fresh coffee powder, and started cleaning up the other tables and chairs. 

---

Author-nim from the future: 

I'm just realizing how cringy this is :/ 

I'm sorry for that cringe session, I promise it gets better as you go!