Chapter Fourty Five

I stayed in the bath for half an hour. There was a knock on the front door as Jack was helping me dry off with my frog towel.

"That's probably Tasha. Hurry and get dressed so we can go see her" Jack said as he patted my butt and walked me into the bedroom. "I picked out an outfit for you. Put it on and meet us in the living room".

He kissed me and walked out of the bedroom, shutting the door behind him. I finished drying off and looked at the outfit laid out in front of me. My overalls and a pink striped shirt with pink panties. I hurriedly threw on the outfit and put on some socks before making my way to the living room.

"Tic-Tac!!!" I yelled as I ran to her, only to be stopped by a strong arm against my chest.

"No running in the house, Cal. You know that" Jack said as he looked down at me with a stern look on his face.

"Oops. Sorry" I giggled as I slo-mo walked to Tasha. "I missed you! How do you like your new car?"

A couple weeks ago Jack helped her buy a Tesla because she got attacked by a homeless man on the bus. Jack said it was the last straw and wouldn't hear any ifs, ands, or buts about him helping her.

"It's great! And no gas, so still going green" she winked. "So you guys have big daddy daughter plans for this weekend?"

I rolled my eyes as I pulled her onto the couch. "You make it sound so grossss" I whined as I placed my head on her shoulder.

"You know I'm kidding, baby" she said as she tousled my hair.

"Tasha thanks for hanging out with Salem while we're away. You were his mom before I was his dad" Jack smiled at her. He sat out bags down on the floor in front of the door. "You ready, bug?"

I was excited for the trip but I was gonna miss Salem and Tasha. I poured and looked at the floor and pulled Tasha in for a hug. "Aww you guys aren't gonna be gone that long" she said, hugging me back.

"But I'm gonna miss you lots. And Salem" I said, and on cue he jumped in Tasha's lap. "You be a good kitty for Tasha" I said as I pet him and then her.

She stuck her tongue out at me before kissing my forehead. "You two lovebirds have fun this weekend. I'm gonna go through all of your stuff" Tasha winked at Jack as I got off the couch.

"Bye tic-tac. Love you!" I said as I picked up my backpack and Shakespeare and headed out the front door.

Jack placed our bags in the trunk as I sat in the front seat and went to buckle my seatbelt.

"What are you doing?" He asked as he opened the passenger side door, looking at me.

"Ummm buckling myself in?" I said as I looked at him shyly, not knowing what I did wrong.

"Why are you in the front seat, hmm? Little girls are supposed to sit in the back seat where it's safer" he said as he opened the back door to his car.

"But daddy I don't wanna sit in the back! I wanna sit with you" I whined in protest and crossed my arms.

"Come on, Princess. Back seat. Maybe if you're good I'll allow you to move up front after we get lunch" he said as he gestured towards the back seat.

Groaning, I threw my backpack and Shakespeare into the back before I unbuckled myself and climbed over the console into the back, plopping down. I heard him chuckle a little before he shut the door and made his way to the drivers seat. "Buckle up, grumpy butt" he said as he peeked at me using the rear view mirror.

I huffed and buckled. As we pulled out of the driveway I took my iPad out of my backpack and opened my hair salon game. "What's for lunchy?" I asked as I blow dried my characters head, making her hair go wild.

"How abouuuuttt Tropical Smoothie?" Jack asked, hoping the lunch choice wouldn't be as difficult as it normally is.

"Mmmm no thank you"

"Okay, chick fil a?" He asked and my eyes lit up. I violently nodded my head before realizing he probably wasn't looking at me.

"YEAH CHICKEN NUGGIES" I said excitedly.

Jack laughed and smiled at me through the mirror. I sat quietly playing games on my iPad, hoping I could move to the front seat after our stop.

We drove for about an hour before I started to get hungry. "Daddy when are we stopping?"

"Are you hungry?" He asked as he turned the radio down.

"Mhmm" I smiled as I bounced in my seat.

"Good, because we're here" he said as he turned on his signal and pulled into the Chick Fil A parking lot.

As we parked, I unbuckled my seatbelt and put my iPad back in my backpack before hopping out of the car. I started to run towards the entrance but was immediately snatched up. "CALYSTA! Do NOT run in a busy parking lot. You could have gotten hit"

"I'm sorry, Daddy. I'm just excited for nuggies" I said as I looked down at my feet.

"You sitting up front isn't looking too promising, little one. Come on" he said as he held my hand tightly and walked inside. I was pouting the whole time.

Once inside, we got in the long line preparing to order. We both had usual orders so we didn't have to look at the menu much. Once we ordered, we stood at the side with our drinks, waiting for Jack to be called. We were eating in the car since the restaurant was so crowded, and I don't like crowds.

"Do you have to go potty baby?" Jack asked as we stood to the side.

"Nope" I said confidently.

"You sure? We have about 3 hours left? Why don't you try at least"

"No thank you. I don't have to" I said as I swung my hand that was holding his.

"If you say so" he laughed.

Once we heard Jack's name called, we took both bags and made our way back outside, Jack clutching tightly to my overall strap. We got to the car and as I opened the passenger door, Jack looked at me with an eyebrow raised. I groaned and shut the door, opening the back door instead. I got in and buckled before Jack handed me my nuggets and chick fil a sauce, leaving me to chow down in the backseat alone.