Chapter Nineteen

The past few months have been nothing short of amazing. Tasha moved in with me and sleeps on a pull out couch she bought, but most of the time she sleeps in my bed since I stay at Jacks so often. We hang out with Ashton and his boyfriend at Fallout quite often too. He's become one of my best friends (though nobody could replace Tasha).

"Daddy can we please go to the park today?" I asked as I laid upside down on Jack's couch, touching my head on the soft rug below me.

"How many times do I have to tell you no? It's raining" he said sternly as he peered at me over the papers he was holding up at his desk. He could see the living room from his desk since he had glass French doors, which allowed me to play and be watched at the same time. "And sit up straight before you get sick"

I huffed and sat upright, exaggerating a spinning motion to signify I was dizzy.

"What did I tell you" he laughed as he noticed my actions.

"But it's not faiiiirrrrr" I groaned.

"Well damn, Calysta, I don't control the weather" He said, making me roll my eyes.

"Yes huh. You made it rain so we couldn't go to the park. Duh" I said, ignoring his lame attempt at a joke.

"Sweetheart, you know if I could I would make it stop raining so we could go to the park and I wouldn't have to hear your whining anymore" Jack sighed as he stood up and walked into the living room. "Come here baby" he motioned to his lap as he sat on the couch.

I walked over and straddled him while he scratched my back. This was my favorite position. So calm and comfortable. Though it did take a while for me to be able to sit on his lap without panicking.

"I'm sorry for being annoying" I said as I nuzzled my head into his neck.

"Babygirl you're not annoying, I'm just teasing. But Daddy does have some work he needs to get done so I need you to play by yourself for just a little longer so I can get it done. Understood?"

I mumbled yes with my face still against his neck.

"I'm sorry, what was that?"

"I SAID, yes Sir" I said as I pulled my head away and faced him.

He pushed the hair away from my face before saying, "That's what I thought. Can you color me a Beauty and the Beast picture from your new coloring book?"

I forgot all about my new coloring book! "Yes I can! I'm gonna go get my markers and crayons and colored pencils and pastels and..." I trailed off as I jumped off and ran to my room to gather my supplies. I heard him laughing as I made my way to my room.

I opened the tub of art supplies I kept in my art room/play room and began to rummage through it, looking for my twistable colored pencils. The tub was no use so I decided to look around my room more. That was also no use. I looked all over. In the closet, in my suitcase, in my hanging chair, my window bench seat. Nada. They were gone.

I gathered the rest of my supplies and went back to the living room to begin my coloring. I stopped at the doors to Jacks home and waved at him violently with both arms since he was on the phone. I needed to let him know I had an emergency. He put a finger up while he continued his conversation but I needed my colored pencils.

"It's an emergency! I can't find my col-" I said before he picked up the orange plastic case from his desk and held it up with one hand while writing something down with the other, all while holding his phone to his ear using his shoulder. He was like a super hero. "MY PENCILS" I said loudly before looking at him for permission to come into his office.

I had to ask permission now because the last time I was in there I went through his drawers and found some stuff I shouldn't have. He was really angry at me but he took blame since he didn't lock the doors.

He gestured for me to be quiet and then come in before handing me the case. As I took the case from his hand, I noticed why he had them. There were many papers scattered all over his desk of colorful graphs and spreadsheets. He always liked to do things by hand instead of on the computer. He said it felt like he was doing actual work that way.

I signed Thank You before walking into the living room and taking my place on the floor in front of the couch. I opened my crayons and markers and dumped them into a pile on the floor in front of me before settling on a Christmas Belle picture to color.

Shortly after, I felt myself being lifted off the floor and placed on the couch. I must have fallen asleep a while beforehand, considering my thumb was pruned and my back felt stiff. I got comfortable on the couch while Jack draped my Belle blanket over me and placed a throw pillow under my head. He kissed my forehead and lightly brushed the hair from my face before walking back into his office. I drifted back to sleep to the sound of Sofia the First playing in the background.