Chapter Fourty Eight

We played in the sand at the beach for about an hour. Jack said the water was too cold but we could play in the water tomorrow. We went back to the house to change and get ready for dinner after our play time.

"Daddy I don't wanna wear it" I said as I pointed at the box of pull ups he brought.

"Well good thing you don't have to" he chuckled and dropped his towel before stepping into a pair of boxers.

"Really?!" I squealed.

"No. Can you put some big girl clothes on for dinner? It's gonna be special" he said as he threw on the nice pants I just noticed he packed.

Smacked outta little space.

"Oh. Special?" I asked as I cocked my head to the side.

He smiled at me and shook his head. "I packed you your blue floral dress you like. You know, the one that's toddler size" he giggled.

He wasn't wrong. I don't know how that thing fit me but it did, and it was very comfy. I guess all the cinching helped it grow with my body. It was very pretty; off the shoulder, kinda short but modest enough that I don't look like you can see my panties on purpose, and it made me look smaller.

"Oh! That's my favorite dress!" I beamed as I noticed him taking it out of my bag. "What's the occasion?"

"You'll see. Now get that cute little butt ready, we have dinner reservations" he said as he playfully smacked my butt.

We drove half an hour before we got to the restaurant. It was my favorite place at the beach. They had this pretty gazebo on the water you could rent for dinner that had a private waiter and twinkle lights and I really hoped Jack was talking about that. We walked in to the restaurant and as Jack told the host his name, another came out to take us to the gazebo. I was ecstatic. Ive never had a chance to eat in the gazebo.

"Oh Jack. I love it! This is the best!" I squealed with excitement as we took our seats. It was secluded and quiet and it was sunset. We got the perfect view of the sunset on the water from the open walls facing the ocean.

"I'm glad you like it baby" Jack smiled at me as someone brought us a bottle of champagne in a bucket with two glasses. The waitress sat the glasses down on the table before pouring us both a glass. Jack nodded at her as she walked away and picked up his own glass before I followed. "Here's to you for graduating"

"Aww. It was just my associates" I blushed.

"Baby. You've worked hard for this. It doesn't matter what it is, you worked hard and you made it through. I'm proud of you and I can't wait to see where life takes you." He said after sipping on his champagne.

I teared up a little.

Growing up wasn't easy. I had to be raised by my aunt and uncle after being abandoned by my parents at my grandmothers house when I was a toddler. That fear of abandonment has stuck with me my whole life. I've constantly felt like I was fighting for attention from everyone around me, while also hating any attention I got. Growing up was rough, but I was thankful to have them, and Tasha, to help get me through it.

"I don't know what to say. You're so kind to me" I said wiping under my eye as not to smear my mascara.

"Baby, there are many reasons why this trip is special. You graduating, our first alone trip, my company expanding, and something else" he said, as he wiped his hands on the napkin in front of him.

He had piqued my interest. "Something else?" I asked very oblivious as to what was happening.

"Calysta Olivia Hawthorne, you have made me into a new person, in a good way" he said as he grabbed my hands.

Oh gods.

"I knew from the very first time I saw you, that I would make you mine"

What is happening.

"I know we've only been together two years, which seems like an eternity and a millisecond simultaneously" he let go and dug in his pocket.

No he isn't.

"But I know you're my forever. You're my beginning, and middle, and end. And I can't see my future with anyone but you" he pulled out a wooden box and held it in his hands on the table.

Yes the fuck he is.

"Cal, will you marry me?" He asked as he opened the wooden box. I didn't even care to see what was in it before I jumped out of my seat and ran around the table, wrapping my arms around his neck. As I was crying and holding him, I noticed the few photographers stationed around the gazebo.

I stood up and wiped my eyes before sitting back down, laughing from embarrassment and amazement.

"Cal?" Jack asked with a huge smile on his face.

"OH! Fuck. Yes, Jack, said I'll marry you" I giggled and leaned across the table to kiss him.

"Do you want to look at the ring or?" He laughed as he took it out and held it up.

It was beautiful. An emerald with a rose gold band with small diamonds around the gemstone. It was dainty and perfect. I was in love with it. He slid it on my finger and I just stared at it with an open mouth.

"Tasha was in on it. I'm surprised she hasn't texted you and spilled the beans yet" Jack joked.

"I'm so mad at her! She didn't say anything" I laughed.

"Well, of course not sweetheart. This was a big surprise, she knew it would be better to keep it from you" Jack said as he motioned for a man to come in.

"Congratulations you two" the man smiled. "My name is Asher, I own the restaurant. Jack here is a long time buddy of mine from college" Asher said as he pat Jack on the shoulder. "When he called me and asked for a little favor, I couldn't help but agree! This man saved my life with ad-"

Jack cut him off, "A damn good study plan. Right Asher?"

Asher laughed, "So anyway. You two have a great night. I'm sending in some specialties, on the house"

"Asher you don't have to-" Jack was saying but Asher cut him off.

"No, no I insist. I need to repay you for all the...study plans you gave me in college" he winked at Jack and I had no idea what they were on about.

"Thank you, Asher. For everything. This is making for a hell of a night, eh? I get to see an old friend, get amazing food, and my beautiful soon-to-be wife in front of me" Jack smiled as he leaned back in his chair. Asher said his goodbyes and headed back into the restaurant as me and Jack stared at each other from across the table.

I get to marry him.