Chapter Twenty Nine

The next morning I woke up to find myself alone. I whined and turned over to check my phone. 10:26 am. Damn, I slept late. I checked a text from Jack that said he had some business to take care of and would be back soon. I checked my messages and got sad that Tasha hadn't texted. She's going through a hoe phase though, so I understand. She was probably busy with another girl for seventeen hours again.

I got up and threw on some pants before heading into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and hopped in the shower after turning on some music. I washed my hair and body and shaved my legs before rinsing and getting out to make some breakfast.

I was standing in a towel in the kitchen pouring some cereal when I heard the front door open and Jack talking to someone.

"Cal, you're up. And...naked. This is my brother Leo. He decided to come for a surprise visit at 7 this morning"

"Nice to meet you, Calysta," he said as he sat down his suitcase in the living room and shot me a smile.

Man, this family is blessed, I thought to myself.

"Calysta are you going to answer?" Jack said as he snapped at me.

"Oh-yes-sorry. Hi, Leo" I said shyly.

"Come on, Leo. We can put your stuff in the guest room while Calysta puts some clothes on" he smirked at me and I ran into his room to get dressed.

I threw on some pajama shorts and one of Jack's t-shirts and made my way back to the kitchen to finish my cereal.

"What kind?" Leo asked from behind me and I jumped. "Sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you"

"Oh-no-it's okay. Um it's fruity pebbles"

"That's a lot of sugar," Jack said as he walked into the kitchen to join us.

"They were in your cabinet," I said as I shrugged my shoulders.

"Yes. I guess you're right. Well, I guess that's fine...Calysta where are your pants?" He said as I walked from behind the island.

I lifted my shirt up to show the shorts I was wearing.

"Out of all the pants you could have chosen, you chose the smallest ones you could find"

"They're just shooorrtttsss" I whined as I pressed my chin towards him and pouted because I knew he was going to make me change.

"Very short ones. Why don't you go put on something a little longer, eh?" He said as he walked over and smacked my butt before kissing my forehead.

I sat my cereal down once again and headed into his room to change- again. I walked out in his T-shirt and joggers before dramatically motioning to my outfit.

"Much better," Jack said. He and Leo were sitting on the couch talking when I re-entered.

They continued their conversation as I finished my cereal. Once I put the bowl in the sink I walked over to the chair to sit down.

"Come sit with me," Jack said as he held his arms out.

"I don't want to get in the way of your boy talk" I replied.

"Nonsense, it's nothing important," Leo said as he smiled at me.

I made my to the couch and went to sit down in the corner, but Jack pulled me to him and onto his lap. He smiled at me before returning to his conversation.

They were talking about the incident at Jack's work and from what I could tell, some girl that was at the workshop got drugged and then a guy helped her out to his car, stating she was just drunk. Apparently she hadn't been seen since so the police are calling it an abduction. I zoned out when they started talking about numbers and how their businesses were doing.

"How is school Calysta?" Leo asked, bringing me back to reality.

"It's going well. I'm taking an English class, a math class, and a history class so it's kind of tough and boring but it's okay" I said as I shrugged.

"Don't let her fool you. Cal has A's in them" Jack said as he squeezed me.

"I um, actually I don't" I said as I looked to the floor.

"What do you mean? You told me a couple weeks ago you had all A's?"

"I'm getting a bit tired. I'm going to lay down for a bit" Leo said as he exited the room and we both said our goodbyes to him.

"Well, um, I have A's in my English and History classes" I said, hoping he wouldn't ask about the math class after hearing that.

"And Math?"

"Well, I-um-you see-the thing is-um-" I said as I continued looking at the floor and twirled a piece of my hair.

"Well what? Spit it out"

"I have a C" I said ashamed as I looked at the floor that had suddenly become very interesting.

"Calysta. Why didn't you tell me? I could have helped you"

"I didn't want you to help me. I can do it by myself" I said as I crossed my arms.

"Hmm. Is that so?" He asked as he raised an eyebrow at me.

"Sorry daddy. I'll fix it. I'll get a better grade. By myself. I promise."

"But you already lied to me about your grade in the first place, right?" He asked and I knew what this meant.

"Yes" I said as I sunk my shoulders down and buried my head in his shirt.

"Yes, what? Come on Sweetheart, you don't want to be in more trouble than you already are"

"Yes Sir" I sighed.

"Come on. Let's go" he said as he stood up and placed me on the floor, sticking out his hand for me to grab.

"Where are we going?" I asked as I looked up at him.

"You lied. Don't think you're getting off scot free" he said and I followed him into my room.

We got into my room and he sat on the bed, motioning for me to sit beside him. My stomach began doing somersaults at the thought of what he was going to do.