Chapter Twelve

"Calysta? Sweetheart. Hello?" Jack said as he waved a hand in front of my face. I realized I had gotten lost in my own thoughts and didn't realize a word he had been saying.

I had also stuck my thumb in my mouth.

"Oh sorry. Yes. I'm sorry. What did you say?"

He laughed, "I asked if you wanted some fruit snacks when I go get popcorn. I see you got lost in your own little thoughts over there. Don't apologize. I'll be right back. Stay put, please" he said as he got up and made his way to the concession stand to get us popcorn and a refill on our drink.

I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and did a quick google search on little space, the term I had learned the other night at Fallout. I glanced through examples and definitions, realizing that's exactly what that was. The feeling of needing to be taken care of, by Jack nonetheless, was me being in little space. I've been going into little space for years without realizing that's what it was. I've just now had a person to put with it.

A large hand on my shoulder startled me and made my phone flip out of my hands and onto the blanket.

"I didn't mean to scare you, baby. Are you alright? You seem kind of out of it tonight" Jack said as he put the drink and popcorn down on the blanket.

Baby.

"Yes. Yes I'm sorry. I was just-I was texting Tasha and letting her know I haven't been murdered" I let out a chuckle trying to make the situation less uncomfortable for myself.

"Okay. As long as you're okay. They had some princess fruit snacks since they're playing a princess movie so I got you some" he said as he crouched beside me and handed me the pink package.

I threw my arms around his neck and accidentally tackled him, landing on top of him on the blanket. "Thank you" I squealed. Realizing what I had done, I looked down into his eyes and opened my mouth to say something, but no words would come out.

He touched my cheek with the back of his hand and laughed a deep, sexy laugh, "You're so adorable when you're excited"

I frowned, thinking I might upset him if I keep acting so childish.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you. I should have asked before I touched you. I apologize" he said as he ripped his hand away from my face and adjusted so he was beside me instead of underneath me.

I looked at him shocked. That's what he's worried about? Touching me?

"No that was fine- I just- I- I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be so, um...childish" I said as I bit my lip and propped myself up with my elbows.

He smiled at me and laughed again, "You really have no clue do you?"

"What?" I said, getting a little frustrated that people keep making comments of that nature.

He sighed, "Sweetheart, how about after the movie I can teach you a thing or two about being a little, okay?"

"Sounds good" I forced a smiled up at him as the opening credits began to play. I was beginning to get irritated with the whole situation. His words, Ashtons words, Tashas words. They all kept replaying in my mind. And so did the google searches I had done.

We watched the movie and cuddled on the blanket and I happily sang every song. I also knew most of the lines but I figured that would be a bit much, so I kept the copying to a minimum.

After the movie was over, we threw our trash away and packed up the blanket before getting back in the car.

"How about we go back to my house? I have some things there I can teach you about" Jack said as we both buckled our seatbelts, preparing to leave the drive in.