Chapter Ten

That was the best burger I've ever had in my life. It was the perfect mix of savory and sweet with the mixture of goat cheese and pickled red onions. Jack tried to get me to try his burger, but it came with coleslaw and I hate coleslaw.

After we finished eating, he insisted I got a milkshake so I decided on fruity pebbles, while Jack got the roast coffee flavor. I think the flavors were perfect for our personalities. After we finished and we paid (or rather, he paid), we drove to a spot overlooking the city. There were a few other couples sitting at the benches, and when we cuddled up and held hands we got some disgusted looks from people who I assume had the same mindset as our waitress. He never corrected her so every time she came to the table, my face instantly grew hot.

"I had a really great time tonight Jack. Thank you" I said as I smiled up at him on the bench.

"I did as well, sweetheart. Maybe next time we can go to a drive in movie?" He said as he raised his eyebrow.

Next time.

"Yeah, I'd love that" I smiled and got closer, leaning my head on his arm. Time was getting the best of me and I yawned. He noticed and put his free hand on the top of my head, petting gently.

"Is someone sleepy?" He cooed, making me giddy inside.

"Just a little. I don't want to leave though" I replied but then I realized he may have plans in the morning and doesn't want to stay out too late. "But I do have work in the morning so we probably should head out"

"Okay. Let's get you home and get you to bed" he said as he took my hand in his and we made our way back to the car.

The drive home was peaceful and I fell asleep a few minutes after we began to drive. When I awoke, I was no longer in the car. I was in my bed. In my apartment. In my oversized sweater. I turned over to see Tasha playing on her phone.

"Hey sleepyhead. I didn't get a chance to ask about your date!" She said excitedly.

"How did I get in here? I don't remember coming home" I said groggily.

"Oh gosh, it was the cutest thing ever! Jack said he didn't want to wake you so he carried you bridal style and brought you in here and put you to bed. I changed you out of your clothes and took your makeup off. You were like, super out of it because you barely budged" she laughed.

He carried me? I thought to myself.

"Oh Jesus that's so awkward. I'm such a weirdo. Who falls asleep on a first date! But furthermore, who carries a grown ass adult?"

Tasha laughed, "You have so much to learn child."

"One, not a child. And two, learn about what?" I said, folding my arms across my chest.

"I guess Jack has a lot to teach you. Go back to sleep brat, you seem grumpy" she winked and rolled over in the bed, pulling the covers up over her.

"Hey I wasn't done talking to you, ya know!" I said, smacking her ass through the blanket.

We talked about my date for a while then decided it was best if we both got some real sleep for work the next morning. I quickly checked my phone before rolling over and noticed a text from Jack.

Jack 🔥: Sorry I didn't get to say goodbye. I didn't want to wake you. If it's any consolation, you looked adorable cuddling your teddy bear and sucking your thumb ;)

"TASHA! Jack saw me cuddling Shakespeare and sucking my thumb. My life is over. He's never gonna want to see me again" I said as I locked my phone and flipped back down on the bed.