17.(Set Me Free)

Happy reading 🌹

Chapter 17

"I'll be two hours late today.I've an assignment to complete." Manayta told to the driver .

"OK, Ma'am".The man replied nodding his head.

She came out from the car and started walking across the round college premise, softly trampling on the neatly mowed green grass.

It has been only a month since the party incident.Also the last time Uday talked with her rudely.He was more focusing on his office works from the past month.His way of living daily life was becoming more mysterious to her.

Most of the time he used to remain  busy on his busniess matters outside and as long as much time he stayed at home he was either having home meetings or spending time alone at his room.Everything was so calm and confidential.

She wouldn't say she was missing his  insolent conducts but the fact is such serenity only bothered her ,forcing her to believe it was the calm before the storm.

She had self conflicts regarding the Shravya issues too.Why would she trust that mysterious girl  and why wouldn't?Many times the thought of asking him about Shravya came in her mind but then she was having highly doubt about his reply.Will he really say anyhing?Were  they really connected?Should I really ask?But she freaked right after thinking what's the need to awake the sleeping lion..If he becomes angry?

Asking Shravya herself was not also an option for her.Even though  Uday has stopped behaving harshly with her but she was still under his surveillance not to mention a grumpy bodyguard aka her car driver following her everywhere, 24/7 updating her whereabouts to his master.

This still makes Manyata thinks that he still feels  concerned about her no matter how busy he is.Strange!From when she started caring if Uday cares about her or not.

"Pagaal toh nehi  ho rahi hu mein?"(Am I being mad or what?)She muttered flapping her own head.

It was not like she was impressed at his sudden change in behavior as Manyata believed that he was somehow triggered because of her comparing him with those goons that night.But that was the mere truth which he couldn't digest?Didn't he tried to force himself on her?Her whole system shudders even at thought of that night_the worst night of her life.

"Ma'am?"Her steps came to a halt hearing  someone calling her from behind.She turned on her back finding the middle aged driver running into her.

"What?"She asked confusedly.

"Today You've an lunch to attend  at 1.00 PM with Uday sir".He informed.

"What?Didn't I tell you I've an group assignment to complete with my friends.What about that?Its really important, try to understand".She was enraged within seconds .

"Sorry Ma'am,can't do anything about that.Everything is scheduled.You may try your words with Sir."He said.

The next two minutes of her got waste successfully as she couldn't convince Uday arguing over the phone about how important her assignments was than his lunch party that was totally valueless to her.But he didn't listen to any of her plaints and cut off the phone  coldly replying only ...See you at the lunch.
Her blood boiled in rage.How dare he?He always turns deaf ears to her requests.First that day when she wanted to meet Prateek but he forcibly dragged her into his party and now a lunch today?She can't afford too much drama in her simple life.

Oh Well,Prateek!It's been a month since he is gone and she still knows nothing about his well being.She prays to God daily for his recovery.And of couce how can she forgive Uday for not letting her meet him once!