46. (Bound to love)

Chapter 46

A week passed in the unknown house.

Nothing significant happened,her moments were spent behind closed doors.

After that night Manyata hadn't seen much of him, the man with a striking resemblance to the man she despises most.Although the girl claiming to be his sister had tried to converse with her several times a day.She had also sincerely apologized to her as she initially lied about her profession.

Dr. Unnati Sinha,later she had introduced herself properly.An established psychiatrist.At the down floor of the house she has a decent chamber with appropriate set ups where she routinely deals with mentally deranged people.Her calm and poised nature gives a prospect of her skills and professionalism.

Unnati has approached the suicidal maniac quite a few times to go through counseling sessions.She had assured she would support her to the best.If only she could rely on her words!

As Unnati was observing her behavior pattern silently,she could percept that the girl went through a lot of trauma.Her tacit uncooperative demeanor didn't sit well with the doctor's psychologic observation.

However,Unnati didn't give up,kept insisting to initiate the much needed conversation with her.
It was only matter of time for the depressed girl to make up her mind to open up to someone,that someone could be her.She could knock at her doors to get help.A little trust was all she needed to put on her.

But Unnati knows she has limitations also.She can't help as long as she refuses to get so.At the end of the day it's Manyata herself who could drag herself from the black hallow evolving around her.

.

.

.

"So this isn't the first time you tried to take your life.Is it?"asked Unnati.

Her skeptical eyes observing little details of her movements.The nervous expression,tremors in her hands,her rigid body.She was deeply scared,probably unable to trust anyone around her.

Even when she was sitting across her,only the two of them inside the room,Unnati noticed how tensed she looked,folding and unfolding the hem of her dress,her stares indifferent to her.

She nodded in a no.

Then you must have attempted at least twice,haven't you?

She didn't say anything, stared at Unnati for a very short moment with an intense cold expression and then looked away.

Unnati sighed.

"Manyata,I will not judge you for your suicide attempts.I don't know what happened to you in your past but I want to help you Manyata.I want you to share your pain with me.

You seem to be stuck in the time,caught up in your bad memories.I know they are hurting you every moment.But keeping them suppressed would make you feel worse only.You're manifesting some major negative symptoms and I fear it will affect your mental health severely at the latter stage.

Don't you want to move on?Don't you want to get rid of those negativity?"

"I lost the desire."Her reply came off,her tone destitute of emotions.

"No, you didn't Manyata.We close our eyes every night hoping to live and be well the next day.And no matter how worse things turn out, this natural simple desire of us persists until the very moment before our death.One must awaken that good will,the desire to live better.And that's one crucial step where we psychiatrists often assists to our clients.
Humans do not live only for themselves.If one has hurt you,another would try to heal the wound.
Someone...."