42.(Suicide!)

Warning ⚠️ Mention of drug abuse,self harm⚠️

Chapter 42

Aagni-Pratap Memorial Hospital ,

Mumbai

Breaking the silence of the ominous dark night Uday ran into the emergency,carrying his wife's cold immobile unconscious body in his arms.Each turn at the end of the hospital corridors were testing his patience,mocking at his negligence. The white walls stood quiet like a dead town waiting to snatch his obsession away from him.

Uday held her tighter to him.Like he says always! He would never let her go,not in this lifetime.

"I won't let you give up on me."

He could feel her heartbeats diminishing with each passing seconds.Irony!She was lying unconscious in his arms without the care of the world whereas her near-death condition was forcing his heartbeat come to a stop instead.

'You are selfish Manyata. '

Doctor! Nurse!Uday shouted restlessly.He learned anew today what people call anxiety.The emotions he once buried within himself stirred inside his burdened heart again;this time only to make him feel helpless,sinful and a big loser altogether.

His voice broke low as he shouted like a maniac.
However,he didn't have to shout longer to seek attention as a squad of doctor,nurses & medical attendants approached him.Each of them didn't know how fortunately they saved their job by appearing at the prime moment.
If another moment had passed without anyone showing up,Uday would've brought some major  changes in the system of this prestigious hospital which was founded by his great grandfather.The management team just got spared from being fired by the distressed owner.

"I'll not spare any of you if my wife suffers even  the slightest harm just because of your negligence." He threatened clenching his teeth.

The nurse and attendants gulped in fear as they were caught in a little hesitation how to detach their suspected patient away from her mad husband.But then a female doctor came forward pushing through the crowd.

"Ya Allah!What are you all waiting for?Make it to the ICU.Quick!This is an emergency" the lady doctor in charge commanded after a quick inspection.

Hearing the familiar voice,Uday cast his gaze at her.Even when cladded in the white coat,face covered with a surgical mask,he didn't find any difficulties in recognizing her.

Knowing the capabilities and the skilled hands of this charming young lady,Uday lowered himself  and put his wife's insensible body on the gurney without delaying.While doing so,he received the most surprised look ever from the doctor.

He simply didn't care.

The moment he spearated his hold from his sleeping beauty,the emergency unit headed toward the ICU taking her away from his eyesight.

Uday's non-existent heart thumped against his ribcage fighting with his brutal sadistic mind.It kept reasoning him who was at fault.Him.

An invisible power seemed to force him to hurry after the medical unit.Uday rushed after them in a quick pace but at one point the glass doors of the intensive care unit went closed before him,prohibiting him to enter inside.But there he noticed his old acquaintance again.

"Nothing should happen to her Meerab." He threatened.

The woman in her early thirties ceased her motion as he shouted having a short glimpse of her back.But quick after that,the automatic doors went shut.
.