34.(A troubled Jai)

Chapter 34

Happy reading 📚

7.30 AM.

Morning tripped into the room gray and grimy.A warm breeze stirred the curtains of the open windows.
Manyata fluttered her eyes few times and then squinted her eyes lazily at her surroundings.Her peaceful sleep got disturbed as she felt pressure of something heavy pressing on her chest, suffocating her breathing system.
Manyata lowered her eyes and then jolted awake as soon as her eyes got fixed on the rugged hand resting above her,covering her in a protective manner.

"God!No,please,No!"
She prayed meanwhile turning her head to her left.Well,she glimpsed the figure she had feared not to see in this early morning beside her.But to her disappointment, there he was;sleeping next to her.
Manyata cried out internally.
Why is she in his bed?She was waiting there on the couch as far as she remember last night.

"Hai Bhagvaan,how can I sleep beside this beast?He didn't tried do something wrong with me,right?
She begins mumbling and scoffing at her awful condition but then noticing her Sharee's inappropriate position Manyata started cursing herself hysterically.She was almost naked;left on her underskirt and blouse only.
Since Manyata has a habit of tossing and turning in sleep,her clothes often gets displaced from her body but here this son of a Nawab was sleeping resting his arm on her half-naked chest!
How dare he!
Sparing a venomous glare at the clueless sleeping Uday,Manyata sat bolt upright quickly removing his arm from her.
But the quick stunt of removing the sturdy arm above her inappropriately clothed trunk also broke the one sleeping next to her.

Uday shot his eyes open and the first thing he noticed was Manyata fixing her Saree while swearing at him some colourful words he never knew that existed.

Uday chuckled.

But as he saw that she was standing on her feet to leave,he grabbed her hand and took her down to the bed.
Manyata shrieked out from the sudden unexpected latch on her wrist.She supported her weight on her upper limbs before she fell over his lying physique.However,her attempts went in vein as Uday pulled her over; close to his chest and switched their position in an instant.Now she was lying beneath him!Much to her terror!

Before Manyata could give an angry glare,his icy gaze stumbled upon her.This gesture of him always has the same effect on her.She can't utter any word and feels loss of her vocal power for minutes afterwards.

He was extremely dangerously close to her;this much close that she could feel his rhythmic heartbeat  against her erratic one as their chestwalls were firmly pressed against each other's.

A tensed look spreaded across Manyata's face.She said nothing,only stared at him with a vacant  look while chewing the inside of her mouth.
Manyata could see nothing but a flash of incredulity and curiosity in his eyes.
She lowered her eyes as his penetrating gaze probed her face.

What's this feeling?Why is he staring at her face?Is something sticking on her face?The thought irked Manyata.

"Uday,I think you'll get late for your office."Manyata uttered hesitating.

"You don't need to bother about it."Came his cut throat reply as if he felt interrupted in admiring her beauty.
Can someone possess this much flawlessness?His eyes were still focused on her whereas Manyata kept ignoring his appraising gazes.She turned her face to one side feeling him  growing their intimacy.A lock of her hair fell on her face as she turned aside.

Uday reached out a hand to remove the unruly strand away from her face.But she caught his approaching hand before it comes in contact with her skin.
This person has no control on his emotions and Manyata knew by this time she needed to end this playing mood of Uday before he gets any wrong signal and sets his mind quite serious to have her now.