31.(Roses and thorns )

Chapter 31

Sometimes mere letter can hurt like sharp weapons lacerating your heart and people will understand this better while visiting in cemeteries,reminiscing memories of their departed ones in those engraved life span.

Sharannya Malhotra
08.03.1991 to 06.07.2017

Those cursive fonts carved in her tombstone makes him grief stricken everytime he visits her cremation place.She didn't had to leave him.Not after he had promised he wouldn't leave her side ever.

Flashbacks

"UV !"
A sober voice came from the other side as Uday received her call.

"You should move on .I'm not good enough for you.Can you forget me?Please!"

"Where are you?Are you drunk?"Asked Uday not being bothered from her blabbering .She was again drinking in some dark corner of any regular boisterous restobar.Her shaky voice and the loud party theme behind was enough for his understanding.

The girl giggled in his query but stayed quiet.

"Why do you sound like you are highly intoxicated?God..Shary!
Stop taking overdose of those sedatives.You would become addicted to them,I'm telling you." Uday warned.

"I can't live my life like this.I need a break from all this."Her voice laced with frustration.

"What happened?"
"Did Mom threatened you for something?"

"NO."
"She didn't.She is an amazing Mom .Vasu Aunt deals with the facts and she was quite right regarding me.I'm not the girl you expect you could love forever UV.
Infact, I'm not worthy of anyone's love .Find someone better.Someone who will be honest with you,love you till the last breath of her life."

"Sharannya .......don't."Uday yelled.
"Don't start all this,will you?I'm tired hearing these from Mom.Now don't you start again please".

Sharannya went silent as Uday shouted at her.Although he felt bad a little later for venting out his frustration.

"Where are you now?I'm coming there.Tell me your location."

"Uhumm.You should not.
Stop chasing this damaged girl.You need to live the rest of you lives peacefully Uday."
"LET'S BREAK UP."

Uday sighed. This is the 3rd time he was hearing this.

"Shary,you're highly drunk.Which club you are in now?Stay there ,I'm coming."
Uday ordered strictly while trying to track her location.He understood her present condition. May be thinking of those traumatic moments she never tried to share with him.And Uday respecting her decisions never presisted her.

Sharannya giggled from the other side but shortly after the atmosphere became gloomy again.

"Can I make an honest confession?UV?"

"What? "

"I love you."

"What's new in that"?Uday laughed this time.

"You're the first man I've fell in love with and...

And?

And you will be the last I swear."

"You're heavily drunk Shary.Why getting so emotional all of a sudden?"asked a concerned Uday.

"Yes" .I agree, I'm drunk.I wanted to tell you something but couldn't gather up enough courage to reveal those words .Hence gulped some shots but guess what I'm overdosed now.
She let out a short chuckle but this time he didn't rather smile couldn't form in his lips.