47.(Home,sweet home!)

Chapter 47

It felt surreal to her when Uday permitted her to go outside.She thought she misheard him when he  said she  could go out and spend sometime at her mother's home.How could he agree so easily?

As If he is letting you go away from his life?Her delusional mind mocked at her.

Her eyes shifted on Uday's tired sleeping figure.He was fast asleep.Must be from the effect of alcohol!

He may have appeared unusually calm to her but Manyata knew he was drunk as hell.He was reeking of those obnoxious forbidden liquors when he had hugged her body.And only Manyata knows how she had restrained herself too much not to push him away immediately.

Jerk. She scoffed and walked to the settee.Making the pillows suitable for a head rest,she planned to sleep there.Since he was abroad for a few days,Manyata was able to live quite peacefully in his room.And now that he returned tonight,so did her anxieties.

Had Akaash kept his promise?Or did he informed his boss about the problematic scenario she had created back in the down floor?May be,he didn't?

In the abyss of darkness she kept staring wide-eyed to the infinity,eyes that lacked an ounce of sleep.

She didn't want to sleep,not under the same roof with him.

Manyata doesn't trust Uday.

But more than him,she doesn't trust herself.

If what he had told that day is nothing but the bitter fact then she herself is responsible for losing her dignity,her innocence to someone as despicable as him.And Manyata knew she could never forgive hersef for her rushed foolish behavior.

Heck!She doesn't even remember what happened between them except the excruciating pain in between her legs she felt,the next time she woke up.

Embarrassed with the images her nerve cells tried to display as fragments of dusty memories,
Manyata pulled the comforter over her face and tried to close her eye.But sleep was miles away from her eyes.
Truth to be told, the excitement of visiting her old house was too strong that it kept her awake almost the whole night.She was eager for the crack of dawn like no other days.
The night passed thinking of the next day.She would go to her old little house.The place she grew up with her beloved mother,under her safe shelter.Her quiet peaceful cottage.What could make her more happier?

At the end of the night,her eyelids became heavy,they couldn't keep her stay awake at all.Her exhausted eyes lost the battle and decided to call it a day with an upbeat smile curving in her lips.

🌅🌄🌅

Unlike the other days,Manyata had a motivation to wake up.As the first rays of the sun peeked through the curtain brightening the extravagant room, Manyata  greeted the bland sunlight with a warm smile.

5:40 AM.

She lazily  glanced at the digital clock kept on the nightstand.

Did she wake up too early?

Not earlier than Uday probably!She realized as she found the other side of the bed empty,the black satin sheets left in wrinkles.

Wait! BED?Why is she in the bed?Why is she here?

Manyata sat up with a sudden jerk.The comforter tugged in her body felt down the floor.Her heartbeats went in a ruckus and she started panting breathing in some quick short breath.

Nothing happened.Calm down.Manyata. Calm down.You have nothing to lose now.

She tried to tame her erratic heartbeats while mocking at her fate.And the thought of losing nothing worked on calming her agitated nerves.
.
.
.
She felt refreshed as she came out after taking a nice shower.As she stood in front of the mirror and began to dress up,her stomach began to grumble with hunger.