37.( A night in wonderland- I)

Chapter 37

Happy reading 📚

Ringing.

Ringing.

Ringing.

It goes ringing.As time went by,her heart rate began increasing and at some point she could hear them beating so fast like an wild animal trying to escape from her ribcage.

Come on, Please pick up for once.She whispered as If almost pleading to the one opposite at the receiving end.That person wouldn't know how much risk she has taken just to make this single phone call.Would he?
Well, What to say! God can't really see her happy, perhaps.
When she is attempting to make a quiet peaceful life with no past strings attached,her treacherous heart tends to retreat.Can she really blame the almighty when her very own fragile heart tries to betray the mind everytime?

Knock. Knock.

The slight knocking sound on the door made Manyata quickly hid the phone under the pillow.Didn't Uday left for office yet?Wait,why would he knock to enter in his own room?That man is devoid of any politeness let alone these general etiquette.
Hadn't she done something courageous already that now in a hurry,she was hiding this thing under his pillow?Wow,a next level Stupidity.

Earlier Manyata had borrowed this cellphone from Seema.The loyal maid has gradually grown fondness for a down to earth natured Manyata.The woman by this time adores her very much as her own daughter and didn't hesitate to lend her phone for sometime when Manyata asked for it.

She never doubted or raised questions why someone like Manyata wouldn't have her own phone whereas the other Singh's are socially very active and well recognized in various social media platforms, having quite envying number of fan followers.

Manyata sighed.

"One day, you should get a bravery award for your foolhardy stunts Manyata"
Muttering this,she turned on her back only to find a gloomy Jai standing at her threshold,resting her back on the door.
Manyata shrieked out loudly.

"Gosh!Jai you scared me." Manyata yelled at her.

"Why is she here now?God!Please ,No more tantrums for last night."She murmured to herself.

"Why are you here?Are you feeling well now?Did you sleep well?"
She slowly approached toward Jai's standing figure.

Errm...I'm f...fin..fine.

Jai attempted to speak out but nothing clearly came out of her mouth except some faint stuttered words which Manyata pretty much didn't understood.

Jai seemed nervous as her cautious eyes examined the room at first before stepping in.She was even avoiding eye contacts with Manyata.

"Uday isn't home Jai.He has left already.Are you looking for him?"

Jai sighed heavily in relief.

"No.I'm not looking for UV."

Manyata chuckled sensing the bothered tone in her.

"Then?"

Manyata,about last night,d...did you tell anything to Bhai or Mom? Jai stuttered again.

Instead of answering immediately,Manyata took a moment to observe Jai's worried face.
What if she replies now,yes, I informed your family how you passed out last night after returning from some party heavily drunken.
Manyata was pretty much sure if she had genuinely informed her family about her drunken condition, they would've done nothing. If anything, they would've mostly put a one week restriction on Jai,not more than that.