04.| ʀᴏᴍᴀɴᴏɢᴇʀꜱ ᴄᴇʀᴇᴍᴏɴʏ [3]

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
.CHAPTER FOUR.
[04]. Romanogers Ceremony.
[PART THREE]
━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝  ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴋɪᴅ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ ꜱᴛᴇᴠᴇ ᴏʀ ᴍʏꜱᴇʟꜰ

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴋɪᴅ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ
ꜱᴛᴇᴠᴇ ᴏʀ ᴍʏꜱᴇʟꜰ.
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

I'VE NEVER SEEN MOM that angry before. Especially that angry at me. But that only makes me want to go back in time even more. Whatever it is that she's hiding is clearly too bad for us to know. And that's exactly what I've gotta know.

It's almost like Uncle Bucky heard his name miles away because I then get a FaceTime call from the man.

"Hey, kid."

"Hi, Buck," I say with a soft smile.

Uncle Bucky narrows his eyes. "What's wrong? You've got that little sad look on your face."

"Mom just grounded me."

Bucky snorts. "Grounded? You can't ground a witch, let alone my little trouble maker."

I smile. "That's what I said. Mom didn't think it was that funny." I paused. "I didn't think going back would be such a big deal. And now after seeing how angry she was, I feel kind of bad."

"Kid, you lost your father." Bucky sighs. "You can't exactly bring back the dead— but no one said you couldn't go back in time and visit him. Your mom will understand soon enough. You know Wanda gets sensitive on the topic of James— she misses him."

"And what about you? Do you miss him?" I question.

Bucky nods. "Of course I do. I loved that kid more than I loved Steve or myself. You remind me so much of him."

Those words made me smile.

"I don't get why you're allowing me to do this? I mean I get that you think I deserve to say goodbye, but why?" I ask.

"Because I think it's better if you find out the truth from the past us." The man explains. "Peter told me about the rumors that are going around— and I'd rather you hear the real story from us than from any newspaper or random story. Now here's a little warning, I'll be a dick. I had some pretty bad trust issues before. So just bare with me, okay?"