33.| ʏᴏᴜɴɢ ᴀᴠᴇɴɢᴇʀꜱ [1]

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
    .CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE.
   [33]. Young Avengers
   [PART ONE]
   ━━━━━━━━━━━━

 Young Avengers   [PART ONE]   ━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━
  ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ... ɪ ꜱʜᴏᴜʟᴅ'ᴠᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡɴ
ʏᴏᴜ' ᴀᴄᴛ ᴛʜɪ ᴡᴀʏ.
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

IT WAS A NEW day. The day after we got dad back meaning now it was time to announce his return. Which also meant that things would become very overwhelming. News reporters, Interviewers, and anyone else you could think of: would be all over our family. Especially now that grandma Natasha and Uncle Tony have magically shown up as well.

I could already feel the stress building up throughout the house— that or mom was currently stress cooking like always.

Yep, I was right.

I go downstairs and see mom standing over the stove, making breakfast. "Good morning, mom."

Mom turns around, smiling. "Hey, baby... pancakes?"

I snort. "Yeah... sure. Wheres everyone at?"

"Well, James dropped the boys off at school. Tony is with his family, and Natasha she's." Mom pauses. "I actually have no clue where she's at."

"And where's dad right now?"

"He's already at the school."

I nodded. "Okay... well let's go then."

Mom chuckles. "I've got a meeting to go to, I told you about this."

"Then who's taking me?"

"Me."

I turn around and see Kate leaning against the doorway with keys in her hand. And just looking at her— everything that happened the other night came rushing back into my mind. We kissed. We actually kissed...

Oh god, does she regret it? Was it a mistake?

"You ready to go?" Kate questions, breaking me out of my thoughts.

I nod. I say bye to mom before I walk out the front door. Kate follows behind and unlocks the car door which I rush towards. I get in, not saying a word. She gets in as well and starts up the car.

Now we were on the road: driving to school. The car ride was extremely silent and awkward.

"Are we going to talk about it?"

I prayed we didn't have to.

"Talk about what?" I play stupid.

Kate sighs. "The kiss, Nat. A-are we going to talk about it?"